Marketing Integrations

SNagpal7

Issue In Syncing records

SOLVE

1. The picklist values are not the same across both Salesforce and Hubspot
2. some fields are left blank due to which mapping is not done
3. unknown Property issue.
4. some records are not available in salesforce altogether, but are present in Hubspot.

Please help !!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CAnderson716
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

Issue In Syncing records

SOLVE

Hi @SNagpal7, It sounds like you started to do an audit of your Salesforce fields and your HubSpot properties and realized there is mismatched values causing inconsistent data.

1. I would start by continuing your audit and noting every field in Salesforce and every property value in HubSpot that does not match up.

2. Next, I would note the picklist values for those mismatched fields and identify the inconsistencies. I would then talk with your team and make a decision on what the picklist values should be moving forward.

3. I would then export all Contact Records in HubSpot that are effected by the mismatched properties with inconsistent data. 

4. I would then ammend all of the Contact Records on a spreadsheet that have the old picklist values from the previous mismatch, meaning updating their records to be consistent with the picklist values that your team just decided to use moving forward. 

5. Once all Contact Records have been amended in the spreadsheet I would go to your Connected Apps in HubSpot and click on Salesforce to check the sync settings and make sure that when a contact is created in HubSpot, a lead is created in Salesforce, per the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.36.58 AM.png

6. I would then export all the leads and contacts in Salesforce affected by the mismatched fields and ammend the records with the inconsistent or old values and update them to the new picklist values that your team decided.

7. Then I would go into Salesforce Setup and update the picklist values of the fields by adding in any new values that need to be added, keeping the original values there still.

8. Same with HubSpot, go into the property settings and update the values, adding in the new values, but still keeping the old ones.

9. Then I would import you contacts into HubSpot and import your leads and contacts into Salesforce.

10. Then go back into Salesforce setup and delete the old field values for the respective fields and go back into HubSpot and delete the old property values that do not reflect the new picklist values that your team decided to use moving forward.

11. You should then have all of your field data consistent and your contacts in HubSpot and your leads and contacts in Salesforce consistent.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CAnderson716
Solution

Issue In Syncing records

SOLVE

Hi @SNagpal7, It sounds like you started to do an audit of your Salesforce fields and your HubSpot properties and realized there is mismatched values causing inconsistent data.

1. I would start by continuing your audit and noting every field in Salesforce and every property value in HubSpot that does not match up.

2. Next, I would note the picklist values for those mismatched fields and identify the inconsistencies. I would then talk with your team and make a decision on what the picklist values should be moving forward.

3. I would then export all Contact Records in HubSpot that are effected by the mismatched properties with inconsistent data. 

4. I would then ammend all of the Contact Records on a spreadsheet that have the old picklist values from the previous mismatch, meaning updating their records to be consistent with the picklist values that your team just decided to use moving forward. 

5. Once all Contact Records have been amended in the spreadsheet I would go to your Connected Apps in HubSpot and click on Salesforce to check the sync settings and make sure that when a contact is created in HubSpot, a lead is created in Salesforce, per the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.36.58 AM.png

6. I would then export all the leads and contacts in Salesforce affected by the mismatched fields and ammend the records with the inconsistent or old values and update them to the new picklist values that your team decided.

7. Then I would go into Salesforce Setup and update the picklist values of the fields by adding in any new values that need to be added, keeping the original values there still.

8. Same with HubSpot, go into the property settings and update the values, adding in the new values, but still keeping the old ones.

9. Then I would import you contacts into HubSpot and import your leads and contacts into Salesforce.

10. Then go back into Salesforce setup and delete the old field values for the respective fields and go back into HubSpot and delete the old property values that do not reflect the new picklist values that your team decided to use moving forward.

11. You should then have all of your field data consistent and your contacts in HubSpot and your leads and contacts in Salesforce consistent.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Issue In Syncing records

SOLVE

Thank you for the great advice @CAnderson716

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Issue In Syncing records

SOLVE

Hi @SNagpal7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I recommend going through the troubleshooting steps described in this Knowledge base article - you'll find instructions there on how to resolve picklist & mapping issues, as well as issues with unknown property values. 

If after working through the errors and updating the HubSpot properties and Salesforce fields that are causing them you still won't get the expected result, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team who can have a closer look at the errors in your account. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes