Marketing Integrations

TSJ
Participant

Is there any way to export list of synced HubSpot Properties and Salesforce fields to a spreadsheet?

SOLVE

I am doing an audit and I really need a list of All HubSpot and Salesforce Synced properties/fields exported to a spreadsheet. I know, thank goodness, you can finally now export HubSpot contact, account. deals and ticket properties but there doesn't seem to be a way to export the list of the HubSpot and salesforce synced list along with all the status and sync rules. Is there a way?

1 Accepted solution
STaruc
Solution
Contributor

Is there any way to export list of synced HubSpot Properties and Salesforce fields to a spreadsheet?

SOLVE

I'm a marketing dev and am dealing with the same issue. Not sure if you figured this out yet, but there doesn't seem to be an native or easy way to do this. I pieced together a solution, though, below. It requires basic spreadsheet knowledge, and some familiarity of devtools in Chrome (or other browser); you'll need to edit the page CSS by way of element inspector or by resource overrides. You can also use a browser extension to override CSS, like this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/related?hl=en&__...

First, go to wherever you look through synced properties, like here: app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/<<your  account id here>>/installed/salesforce/contacts

Set up an override on a css file like project.css, enable the override, and add this the below rules at the bottom of the file. Alternatively, add this CSS rule in the element inspector.

td .uiLinkDark, .private-truncated-string__inner i18n-string, [data-test-id="field-mapping-row-sf-field-label"], [class*=UITableHoverContent]{
 display: none;
}

If done correctly you'll see the table's "hubspot property" and "salesforce field" names disappear as well as the field type (you'll still see pairs of empty parentheses and I'll get to those later) ,and will only see the "code" names of the properties. Change the items per view to 100. Take your mouse/trackpad cursor and select and copy the whole visible table of properties (headings too).

Paste it into a spreadsheet ( I use Google Sheets). You should see the "hubspot property field" heading in column B1. If needed, go to the next page(s) in the list and copy+paste those tables too.

To get ride of the empty parenthesis, select column A2, and apply the susbstitute formula to the first hubspot field, which in this case is B2:

=SUBSTITUTE(B2," ()","")

Paste that formula into the rest of the cells in that column to apply it to the rest of the rows. Create another column and apply the same formula to the salesforce field column. I made a demo sheet to illustrate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jKY_KgubGPCod3ouF6ulyX8EGUi-hpEqXmCNQXdSNhU/edit?usp=sharing

I understand that this is not a foolproof process, so reach out if you need help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
MBotha
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, I'm interested to see if there has been a solution created for this since this post? We are doing an audit and I need to export all property fields that map between HS and Salesforce. 

marykaterevriv
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I work at an elite HS agency and we are constantly doing native salesforce integration projects. being able to export the field mappings directly from the field mapping salesforce settings would be very valuable as it's part of the process of having clients select their sync direction. though we can export all properties and then sort the property groups by 'salesforce information' and then copy and paste,  the process is manual and includes a lot of extra steps. 

STaruc
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

I'm a marketing dev and am dealing with the same issue. Not sure if you figured this out yet, but there doesn't seem to be an native or easy way to do this. I pieced together a solution, though, below. It requires basic spreadsheet knowledge, and some familiarity of devtools in Chrome (or other browser); you'll need to edit the page CSS by way of element inspector or by resource overrides. You can also use a browser extension to override CSS, like this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/related?hl=en&__...

First, go to wherever you look through synced properties, like here: app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/<<your  account id here>>/installed/salesforce/contacts

Set up an override on a css file like project.css, enable the override, and add this the below rules at the bottom of the file. Alternatively, add this CSS rule in the element inspector.

td .uiLinkDark, .private-truncated-string__inner i18n-string, [data-test-id="field-mapping-row-sf-field-label"], [class*=UITableHoverContent]{
 display: none;
}

If done correctly you'll see the table's "hubspot property" and "salesforce field" names disappear as well as the field type (you'll still see pairs of empty parentheses and I'll get to those later) ,and will only see the "code" names of the properties. Change the items per view to 100. Take your mouse/trackpad cursor and select and copy the whole visible table of properties (headings too).

Paste it into a spreadsheet ( I use Google Sheets). You should see the "hubspot property field" heading in column B1. If needed, go to the next page(s) in the list and copy+paste those tables too.

To get ride of the empty parenthesis, select column A2, and apply the susbstitute formula to the first hubspot field, which in this case is B2:

=SUBSTITUTE(B2," ()","")

Paste that formula into the rest of the cells in that column to apply it to the rest of the rows. Create another column and apply the same formula to the salesforce field column. I made a demo sheet to illustrate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jKY_KgubGPCod3ouF6ulyX8EGUi-hpEqXmCNQXdSNhU/edit?usp=sharing

I understand that this is not a foolproof process, so reach out if you need help.

dworthman
Participant

SOLVE

@STaruc This solution saved me, thank you!! To save time with the CSS overrides, this tool can be used - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-css/okpjlejfhacmgjkmknjhadmkdbcldfcb/related?hl=en

0 Upvotes
STaruc
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey, I'm really glad this helped you. Using a browser extension to override CSS is a great idea; I've edited my original post to include that.

0 Upvotes
MGan
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thank you for the workaround! I've created a HubSpot Ideas posts here to gather upvotes: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Export-HubSpot-and-SalesForce-integration-property-fi...

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TSJ,

Happy Monday, I will tag some top experts to share their opinion, @StefaniUAT@lynton@bradmin what would you suggest for the @TSJ matter? 

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes