Marketing Integrations

Jon2

Integration with WordPress

SOLVE

Hello. I have one question. I have the website on WordPress, and I want to connect this website to HubSpot. Can I have a functionally on my website to show different content depending on the users' actions ?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jon2

Unfortuantly not. The only smart feature that is supported on external sites is smart CTAs. You can not use smart forms, text or HTML modules outside of the HubSpot CMS. 

More information here: Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
EHero

SOLVE

I have not had the threat to build one on HubSpot yet, but I agree with it's a far purifier solution.

For the directory itself HubDB is a brief and clean manner to shoplink and get admission to that data vs some thing like consumer profiles or custom pages in Wordpress.

0 Upvotes
jerryoye
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, I've done the new plugin for Hubspot and connected to the right account. I've created a form in Contact 7 for my landing page and once completed, I can't find the contact in Hubspot. Am I doing something wrong,? Please help me

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerryoye,

If you intend to use the HubSpot plugin without a dedicated ContactForm7 - Hubspot connector, there are a few steps you need to take to make sure "Collected Forms" is enabled in HubSpot:

• Click on the Gear Icon at the top right of your HubSpot portal.
  • Click on Marketing>Forms
  • Click on the "Non HubSpot Forms" Tab
  • Click the switch at right to turn "Collect Data from Website Forms" ON.

Make sure that your form fields are named in exactly the same way as the associated fields in HubSpot.  Since without a dedicated plugin there is no means for disambiguation of field names, you may not capture all of the data if field names do not match exactly.

The plugin I linked above would give you more control over how your CF7 fields are mapped to HubSpot fields.  Perosnally I prefer this approach if you are going to use CF7, because it gives you more control over how fields are named on differnet forms.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

Qmeter

SOLVE

I have not had the threat to build one on HubSpot yet, but I agree with it's a far purifier solution.

For the directory itself HubDB is a brief and clean manner to shoplink and get admission to that data vs some thing like consumer profiles or custom pages in Wordpress.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jon2

Unfortuantly not. The only smart feature that is supported on external sites is smart CTAs. You can not use smart forms, text or HTML modules outside of the HubSpot CMS. 

More information here: Smart content | Frequently Asked Questions

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
diyakundu
Participant

SOLVE

t

0 Upvotes
dolessmore

SOLVE

Hi Phil.

I've done the new plugin for Hubspot and connected to the right account. I've created a form in Contact 7 for my landing page and once completed, I can't find the contact in Hubspot. Am I doing something wrong, cause I thought Hubspot would automatically grab the details and add a new Marketing Contact. I have created the same form in Hubspot with Workflow to generate an automated Thank you email, but looks like the contact is not getting added. Thanks so much

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

@dolessmore, If you're up for a small plugin purchase, I recommend switching from Contact Form 7 to Gravity Forms, and then using the HubSpot for Gravity Forms plugin (which is free) to make the two platforms talk to one another.  It's much more accurate and flexible that way.

If there is no budget for a plugin purchase, why not export the HubSpot form code directly and paste it into your page body or sidebar widget?  It's easy to do and won't cost you any more.  Just make sure you check "remove default HubSpot styling" before you copy the form code so your CSS styles the form with the rest of the site.

- Trevor

SteveC
Participant

SOLVE

@trevordjones we're about to implement hubspot on our wordpress site and without knowing the different benefits of using gravity forms or hubspot forms I am indifferent on which solution to use. Any major benefits of one over the other?

While I have you, any other "gotchas" related to keeping our site on wordpress? I am aware of the limitations with smart text/html personalization. Can I assume all of the web analytics and conversion/campaign tracking will still work properly in Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @SteveC,

For most applications, HubSpot forms should work fine.  We use Gravity Forms mainly because we have forms that require doing math on the form (for total price, etc.) and because we have a few forms that we don't want to send to HubSpot.  If you don't have those use cases, I think you'll be fine with HubSpot forms. 

HubSpot recently released a new form builder plugin for WordPress that may help you quite a bit with this, so you may want to check that out (I haven't tried it yet myself). https://wordpress.org/plugins/leadin/  

Your HubSpot Analytics, Lead Flows, CTA's Tracking URL's and Forms will work just fine.  If you use HubSpot hosted landing pages, those will be on a subdomain. (I assume you will continue to blog on WordPress.) To integrate the Analytics code, you can either use the plugin above or just add the Analytics code to your header of Google Tag Manager instance (if you are using GTM).

I have found that managing CTA's and embed code for forms can be a bit cumbersome, so I use the WP HTML Blocks Plugin to manage those inside Wordpress. 

I wrote a blog post a while back on my favorite tools for managing HubSpot/WordPress integrations, and have tried to keep it updated.  You may want to check that out: https://onemanmarketing.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/three-plugins-to-help-you-integrate-hubspot-and-wor...

Hope this helps!

-Trevor

- Trevor

ALEasterly
Contributor

SOLVE

@trevordjones I was trying to find your blog post but it appears to be deleted.  Do you have the content on a new site?

trevordjones

SOLVE

Hi @ALEasterly 

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  That error has been corrected and the post is back up: 

https://onemanmarketing.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/three-plugins-to-help-you-integrate-hubspot-and-wor... 

I'm still using all of the plugins listed in the post, although I should probably revise my commentary on the HubSpot plugin slightly to reflect changes in the last year or so.  Will circle back to that when I get a minute.

Happy reading!

- Trevor

0 Upvotes
SteveC
Participant

SOLVE

Amazing response, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I had a similar frustration with managing Marketo forms and ended up creating a custom shortcode for our site that would allow me to set the form Id and google analytics category,action and label to add a form to any page. Works pretty well and was planning on something smilar when we switched but I'll be sure to check the html blocks plugin and the new forms plugin when we go to implement the new forms.

Thanks again!

Jon2

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply.

0 Upvotes