Marketing Integrations

mphed
Contributor

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

I am trying to get my head around sync timing for integrations. We are using Eventbrite, Survey Monkey and GoTo Webinar mainly and I can't get to understand when and why a sync is triggered.

As an example we have an active event on Eventbrite and there have been numerous registrations the last couple of days, but still in the integrations panel for Eventbrite that specific event hasn't been synced for four days. Another GoTo Webinar event has synced just an hour ago. So what makes an integration sync and when does it sync?

This is a real headache when using workflows if the if the data is not synced properly as the enrollment into workflows will be totally wrong.

Any help/information is greatly appreciated 🙂

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

Hi, @mphed. I'm with @roisinkirby - there's no magic bullet here. The integrations you use - whether supported or built by HubSpot or not - all have their own schedules, and how often they fire is a function of what they're trying to do, and/or in-app configuration. 

It's not fun to stay on top of integrations, wade eyeball-deep in oceans of documentations, and ping the relevant teams, but that's the general approach. There's no easy fix; you'll need to dig in to understand how and when integrations fire, reaching out to the appropriate teams for assistance where necessary. 

What you're describing with Eventbrite doesn't sound right. Most integrations should fire on some sort of semi-regular cadence, around every 15 minutes or so, but that's not a hard and fast rule. From HubSpot's docs about that integration, only events created by the integration user will sync from Eventbrite to HubSpot, so maybe that's the issue. 

I'd start with a ticket to HubSpot support, but they may end up ultimately directing you to Eventbrite's team if they're unable to resolve. Make sure you have example records available to use as reference, and you may want to kick off a screen share with a HubSpot support agent, so they can see what you're seeing in-app in Eventbrite. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

Hi, @mphed. I'm with @roisinkirby - there's no magic bullet here. The integrations you use - whether supported or built by HubSpot or not - all have their own schedules, and how often they fire is a function of what they're trying to do, and/or in-app configuration. 

It's not fun to stay on top of integrations, wade eyeball-deep in oceans of documentations, and ping the relevant teams, but that's the general approach. There's no easy fix; you'll need to dig in to understand how and when integrations fire, reaching out to the appropriate teams for assistance where necessary. 

What you're describing with Eventbrite doesn't sound right. Most integrations should fire on some sort of semi-regular cadence, around every 15 minutes or so, but that's not a hard and fast rule. From HubSpot's docs about that integration, only events created by the integration user will sync from Eventbrite to HubSpot, so maybe that's the issue. 

I'd start with a ticket to HubSpot support, but they may end up ultimately directing you to Eventbrite's team if they're unable to resolve. Make sure you have example records available to use as reference, and you may want to kick off a screen share with a HubSpot support agent, so they can see what you're seeing in-app in Eventbrite. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

Hello, @mphed great question. I've started by sharing our detailed user guides below but the answer to your question depends on the individual integration. @viddychang@DaJung@bradmin would you be able to lend your expertise/insight here? Thank you!

Using HubSpot's integration with Eventbrite

Use HubSpot's integration with GoToWebinar

Use HubSpot's integration with SurveyMonkey

0 Upvotes
amiransari
Participant

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm having the same issue with SurveyMonkey. I've followed all your and their documentaiton yet in the intergation panel, the surveys (which have responses) haven't been synced for over 24 hours and show 0 responses in Hubspot. I contacted SurveyMoneky and they said I need to contact you. I don't enjoy support pingpong!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Integration sync timing?

SOLVE

Hi @amiransari,

Can you please share more information around what you've connected, where the issue is occurring, and as many details as possible. 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes