Marketing Integrations

kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Integration: Hubspot & Asana

Hello everybody!

My name is Kira and I work in Hubspot Support Team, based in EMEA.

In Hubspot, we know how important it is for any business to know how their projects are managed and to plan. One of the key advantages of having Hubspot and Asana working together is that you can create tasks from HubSpot using Workflows and these created tasks will be automatically synchronized with Asana.

Tracking your tasks using the old school method with pen and paper is a good option, however, you can also organize your daily tasks with Asana.

What is Asana?

Asana is an integration that has taken the to-do lists to the next level and now you can integrate it with Hubspot.

How to integrate Asana with Hubspot?

These are the three steps to integrating Asana with your HubSpot portal:

1. Click this link of Asana integration in  Hubspot App Marketplace. Once here, please select "Connect App", an orange button on the top right.
  2. To log in to Asana so both integrations start working along.
  3. You will see a message that says  It was successfully connected! To confirm, click on the general HubSpot configuration (gear icon on the top right) >> Integrations >> Connected Applications. You should see Asana connected.
    Check out this Video

Let's create a workflow from Hubspot to sync your tasks automatically with Asana. To do so:

• In your HubSpot account, go to Automation > Workflows.
  • Click on the name of an existing workflow or create a new one.
  • Click on the plus “+” icon to add a workflow action.
  • Then choose within the actions Create an Asana Task.
  • After this a new window will be prompted on the right side, this will contain all the details of the task to be created. Here you can select the place of work, task owner, status when the task must be completed, name, notes, project, who has to follow it and labels.
  • Now, click  Save. When checking your Asana account you will see the task that we just created in Hubspot.

See video below

Check out this Video

And….Do you use Asana already? If so, how do you use it and how do you make the most of this integration?

Leave your comments, questions, thoughts tips and tricks below.

Regards 🙂 

KiraRobot Happy

5 Replies 5
LBassCooper
Contributor

Hey Kira: 

Thank you so much for this information. The package I am using is called the HubSpot starter package. I am a marketing consultant with many communities I am part of, including HubSpot. I can use your integration to track lead conversions, then send the work breakdown schedules to Asana. This is perfect! 

C_Hori
Participant

Hi @kestrada, I was actually surprised by how few posts about hubspot and asana integration there are. I thought everyone was using it! As @adisanto mentions, this does not seem to be a sync but rather an export of hubspot data to create an asana task. That means there are two parallel systems tracking tasks. This could be patched by having the asana task link to the hubspot contact (or hubspot task), but this doesn't seem to be possible either. I was able to hack it by adding a link to my hubpost environment and adding the contact ID, but I don't get how why this is not a standard feature and how else would this be valuable to the user.

0 Upvotes
kestrada
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @C_Hori,

That was really clear!  I understand your point and well done for figuring out the hack there.

Thanks for sharing the tip too. 🙂

@JoeMayall  Are you aware is a similar idea related to Asana integration already posted?

My best advice will be to add this idea as part of our ideas forum here or when you have the opportunity to review the integration usage, let the developers or product Manager know how they could improve the integration itself. 

@dennisedson , could you point us to the right PM on this?, please. 

As well, other options if you are looking to have a task management integration that creates the task within the record, it is various other integrations that can adapt to it as well. Access the range of them: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/all-categories?eco_search=tasks

Please feel free to share the link of the idea posted so I could also add my vote and have updates on what our Product Manager thinks on this.

Thanks in advance.

Kira🤖

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Yep!  Get this into the ideas board and add a link here for us to upvote

Once in the ideas board, it will be looked at by the team!

ps I love asana.

0 Upvotes
adisanto

This is great, but would be much more useful to be able to actually sync/associate Asana tasks with Hubspot tasks vs. having to go through a workflow.

If we have follow-up tasks associated with deals and/or contacts, that results in needing to manage separate task lists in Asana and Hubspot tasks.

Thanks for the consideration!