Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Import Salesforce Campaign Member Status to HubSpot

Occasional Contributor

Hey, 

Is there a way to import Salesforce campaign memeber stauts to HubSpot? I dont want to set campaign status' in Salesforce from HubSpot, I want to be able to import the campaign member status from a Salesforce campaign into HubSpot. Is that possible? I've read in previous posts regarding this that:

"If a record is already syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce, then any new campaign enrollment on the Salesforce side syncs back to HubSpot. (However, only the campaign IDs are stored in a HubSpot property. No HubSpot property will house the campaign member status value on any associated Salesforce campaign.)"

If I create a custom field for that campaign member contact in Salesforce and Create a custom property in HubSpot, and sync the two would that be a good workaround?

Please let me know what your thoughts are. I've been researching this for a while and haven't been able to come up with a workaround. If i do a simple Salesforce import based on campaigns, it does not import the campaign member status.

Best,

Dawit

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @dtesfaye. I commented on your followup question, but you'll encounter issues trying to fit the 1:many campaign member relationship from Salesforce into a single contact property, which can't account for that. At best, you're going to be able to push the most recent campaign member status, or a single high-value campaign member status.

As soon as a subsequent campaign member status is enrolled in Salesforce, your scheme might lose its value. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

With that said, if you were interested in heading down this path, you'll want to set up some sort of automation on the Salesforce side to help with this.

First, as there's no analog for the campaign/campaign member objects in HubSpot, you're going to have to create a new HubSpot contact property which will house the value. This should be mapped to leads and contacts in Salesforce. 

Then, create automation in Salesforce which will push the campaign member value to the lead or contact. If you have familiarity with Process Builder, this is a good use case.

Build a new process on the CampaignMember object, along with all the null conditions you're looking for. You'll need one branch for campaign members associated with leads, and a separate one for contacts. The Process Builder action should update the new lead or contact field with the campaign member status (or some other desired value).

That automation will solve as the go-forward. To import, you can either bulk update your campagin members (triggering your Process Builder automation), although you may want to import values into HubSpot, after doing some spreadsheet manipulation.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Much appreciated! I'm trying to pull this off and what I'm realizing is that you can't do a Cross-Object field update from Campaign Member to Lead/Contact and formulas don't work because of the Many-To-One relationship that exists. I'll keep trying at this and really do appreciate your help on this.

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

I threw something resembling a workable solution in the other thread, but it's hardly a thing of beauty. 

0 Upvotes