Marketing Integrations

LeKevoid
Contributor

Hubspot re-synching previously uneligible contacts

SOLVE

Let's give a pretty specific situation...

I would like Hubspot to sync contacts with Salesforce, but NOT contacts that are flagged as Bogus or MIA. So normally, I'd expect that if contact John Smith gets flagged as MIA in Salesforce, his "status" field will sync one last time in Hubspot, and from then on he'll be disqualified from synching again, correct ?

But what if John Smith does end up contacting us again and is no longer MIA ? Will Hubspot continue refusing to update his info ? Or will the action of changing his status in Salesforce trigger the change in his HS profile and then the rest of his fields will catch up where they left ? Or will I have to manually change his status in Hubspot inorder to re-make him eligible ? What would happen in this scenario ?

Thank you !

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @LeKevoid. There's a solution for this, but it involves a lot of careful planning in Salesforce, and isn't a supported solution - so if something goes wrong, it won't be something HubSpot Support may be able to ultimately resolve.

Enabling selective sync is a process of adjusting role and profile settings of the integration user (the user whose Salesforce credentials are stored in-app in HubSpot), so that you hide undesirable records from the integration user. If the integration user can't see unwanted records, then HubSpot won't be able to see those records, either. 

While unsupported, there are additional consulting purchases available from HubSpot to assist with a project like this. It may also be worth reviewing the partner forums here, to search for agencies which can assist with solutions. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Compuware
Top Contributor

SOLVE

We currently only select to synch records via an inclusion list. However whether it's an inclusion list or one to one SFDC to HubSpot integration putting records in a secure ownership works for us. If a records ownership changes due to whatever criteria the record will synch to HubSpot. Note: We have placed this "secure ownership" at the top level of the heirarchy in SFDC.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @LeKevoid. There's a solution for this, but it involves a lot of careful planning in Salesforce, and isn't a supported solution - so if something goes wrong, it won't be something HubSpot Support may be able to ultimately resolve.

Enabling selective sync is a process of adjusting role and profile settings of the integration user (the user whose Salesforce credentials are stored in-app in HubSpot), so that you hide undesirable records from the integration user. If the integration user can't see unwanted records, then HubSpot won't be able to see those records, either. 

While unsupported, there are additional consulting purchases available from HubSpot to assist with a project like this. It may also be worth reviewing the partner forums here, to search for agencies which can assist with solutions. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes