Hubspot making changes to older Activity records in Salesforce

Occasional Contributor

We've recently activated our sync between Hubspot and Salesforce and it seems to be editing or updating random old activity records in Salesforce.     

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @finmcds. Can you say more about the kinds of updates you're seeing? The connector will always write the Activity Date as the day that event happened in Salesforce. I've never tested this, but my guess is that editing that field could pass the original value from HubSpot back to Salesforce after the next sync. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Esteemed Advisor

Similarly, if you haven't changed the kinds of activities you're syncing from HubSpot to Salesforce, attempting to delete one of these activities from Salesforce will recreate it on the next sync. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Occasional Contributor

First off you should check what information did you set to sync between Salesforce and Hubspot, and how the sync is set to overright information.

Go to the drop down menu at your profile, and click "integrations". After that select Salesforce, and view integration.

Here you can see how leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in Salesforce are related  to leads, contacts, companies and deals in Hubspot. And how they transfer/overright information between them. (e.g. leads in SF = leads in HS, rule set = always create a new lead in SF when a lead is created in HS)

Also, here you can see how fields in Hubspot match the fields in Salesforce, by selecting mappings next to either contacts, companies or deals.

You can check to see which field in Hubspot (e.g. status) is linked to which field in SFDC (e.g. Lead status), and how that information is synced (not synced at all, keep Salesforce value, keep most recent value, etc.)