Marketing Integrations

AnthonyTenzo
Participant

Hubspot email blast (Marketing) not logging to Salesforce.

SOLVE

When I send an email blast through Hubspot, my contacts in Salesforce are not being updated with having been sent an email. This is really crucial. 

It is working fine on email sequences on sales module. 

Any thoughts? 

Many thanks, 

Anthony

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @AnthonyTenzo. It sounds like either marketing emails aren't set up to sync to Salesforce, or - and this is much less likely - the contacts associated with the email all have sync errors, and no updates or activities are syncing to Salesforce.

To rule out the first, go to https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-beta/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID_HERE]/your-integrations/salesforce/timelin..., and confirm you have Marketing email sends set up to sync to Salesforce. It won't matter whether you have a task type associated or not, only whether the checkbox next to those sends is selected. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @AnthonyTenzo. It sounds like either marketing emails aren't set up to sync to Salesforce, or - and this is much less likely - the contacts associated with the email all have sync errors, and no updates or activities are syncing to Salesforce.

To rule out the first, go to https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-beta/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID_HERE]/your-integrations/salesforce/timelin..., and confirm you have Marketing email sends set up to sync to Salesforce. It won't matter whether you have a task type associated or not, only whether the checkbox next to those sends is selected. 

AnthonyTenzo
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, 

It's definitely not the second issue. The first is more likely but I couldn't see anything relevant in the link you sent me. I must be blind or something. Can you send me a screenshot of what I should be looking for please? 

Many thanks, 
Anthony

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

In our portal, we've got the configuration set up the opposite of what you described. Tasks occurring in the Sales product aren't synced, while Marketing tasks are.In our portal, we've got the configuration set up the opposite of what you described. Tasks occurring in the Sales product aren't synced, while Marketing tasks are.

0 Upvotes
AnthonyTenzo
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! I think I have sorted it. 

0 Upvotes