Marketing Integrations

marketwake
Membre

Hubspot Visualforce page on Salesforce

Résolue

My visual force page is only showing 4 activities of my lead. I need it to show more than just these four. Is there a way i can make the list / visualforce page larger to entail more of the hubspot information?

2 Solutions acceptées
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Try mapping the Hubspot Original Source, HubSpot Original Source Drill-Down 1, and HubSpot Original Source Drill-Down 2 fields to custom lead fields in Salesforce (alternately, to contacts, too, if you need to see that data post-conversion in Salesforce).

Make sure you set it up so that no one in Salesforce has edit privileges on any of these custom fields besides the integration user. While Salesforce-side updates woulden't update the HubSpot value anyhow - only HubSpot sets those analytic values - it will remove ambiguity for your Salesforce users. 

Anything that's in that create part on the HS contact timeline is made up of those three analytic properties. While not as striking as the Visualforce page, the raw data will give you what you need in Salesforce. 

[Edit: You may want to review all the properties in the analytics section in HubSpot, and review which of those would be useful to map to Salesforce.]

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
WinnieHien
Solution
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Résolue

The new version of the visualforce window (in beta now) let's you see the full timeline scroll. No need for workarounds anymore! 

It also has a property tab and shows associated objects. 

WinnieHien_0-1684439421637.png

Learn more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/embed-hubspot-data-into-a-salesforce-record

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
11 Réponses
WinnieHien
Solution

Résolue

The new version of the visualforce window (in beta now) let's you see the full timeline scroll. No need for workarounds anymore! 

It also has a property tab and shows associated objects. 

WinnieHien_0-1684439421637.png

Learn more about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/embed-hubspot-data-into-a-salesforce-record

0 Votes
Caito124
Contributeur

Résolue

@WinnieHien - does this show all-time activity that occurred before the SFDC/HubSpot integration or only from the point of integration forward?

0 Votes
WinnieHien

Résolue

The visualforce page shows the same information you'd see in HubSpot.  

So, if you want to see what would appear in the visualforce page for a Salesforce contact just go to the Contact record in HubSpot and look at the timeline. 

0 Votes
Caito124
Contributeur

Résolue

Right, but will the visualforce page show ALL information that has been in the timeline for all time, or is it showing a limited excerpt of timeline data?

0 Votes
WinnieHien

Résolue

It shows all the information in the timeline.

For example, if a contact has 25 page views in HubSpot then you can continually load in the visualforce window to see all 25 page views. 

If that's not what you're seeing, then I'd recommend filing a support ticket. There are a few activity types we don't support yet such as Custom Behavioral Events. We plan to add those in the future. 

0 Votes
SantaR
Participant

Résolue

I would like to see more than just a few activities as well, it's very limiting right now. I hope that the Hubspot Product Team will take this into account and enhance the VisualForce.

BeckaBorody
Participant

Résolue

Our sales team currently uses Salesforce exclusively and we as the Marketing team use HubSpot. The Visualforce video not being customizable is limiting because I can't drop form information directly into Salesforce - so they can't see the form content that's been submitted in the Visualforce box. This means I have to manually go in and create a task, or comment and means the Visualforce box is rendered mostly useless. Would love to be able to have submission/form data directly in there so that the sales team can look at the lead in Salesforce, and have all the information! 

bradmin
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi, @BeckaBorody. I completely understand that frustration. At the same time, it's unlikely those pages will be customizable any time soon. Those pages are part of a managed package, which is how third parties typically put together their offerings to be deployed in Salesforce. It's rare for a package to allow users to edit and manipulate its contents, and Hubspot is not an exception. They'd have to build new functionality onto that page, in order for users to see changes. 

If you like, I'm happy to discuss workarounds with you, but they'd be just that: workarounds. But there are different ways to solve for this. You could create a dynamic filtered report, tied to a lead or contact field, that would filter to activities or form submissions by the integration user, for that lead or contact, for example. With a solution like that, when the Visualforce page was insufficient, users could click that link on a lead or contact, and the report would fill in the blanks that the page itself couldn't. 

0 Votes
marketwake
Membre

Résolue

That makes sense. But we are trying to have it show where these leads / contacts were created from. We have been adjusting the filters but can't seem to find the right combination that shows the creation. Below is a photo of what we want to see on the visual force page as this is the most important information to our organization.

exampleexample

0 Votes
bradmin
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Try mapping the Hubspot Original Source, HubSpot Original Source Drill-Down 1, and HubSpot Original Source Drill-Down 2 fields to custom lead fields in Salesforce (alternately, to contacts, too, if you need to see that data post-conversion in Salesforce).

Make sure you set it up so that no one in Salesforce has edit privileges on any of these custom fields besides the integration user. While Salesforce-side updates woulden't update the HubSpot value anyhow - only HubSpot sets those analytic values - it will remove ambiguity for your Salesforce users. 

Anything that's in that create part on the HS contact timeline is made up of those three analytic properties. While not as striking as the Visualforce page, the raw data will give you what you need in Salesforce. 

[Edit: You may want to review all the properties in the analytics section in HubSpot, and review which of those would be useful to map to Salesforce.]

0 Votes
bradmin
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi, @marketwake. Unfortunately, the Visualforce page is uncustomizable - that code is protected in the package, and there are no in-app options in HubSpot to make changes. If you absolutely need to see all synced tasks the connector creates, you'll need to view them from the tasks related list, or write a custom Visualforce page to display them instead. 

0 Votes