Marketing Integrations

Lucid
Participant

Hubspot Starter (Marketing & Sales) | Wordpress Installation Setup / User Roles

Hello, my web developers are in the midst of setting up the Wordpress plugin for Hubspot integration. They have asked for my Hubspot login credentials. I have read through the forums andd through the online help on the wordpress site. I am unable to find information pertaining to the following:

• During the initial setup: Must I give the developers my login credentials or can I create a HubSpot user role specific to setup this installation?  If so, I'd like to limit the user role significantly as a placeholder for webdevs to work with if ever needed to. Essentailly a non paid user account acess only to setup teh WP plugin / troubleshoot as neeed. What is the most basic permission?
  • Current Intended Use:
    • Only for Chat bots and Hubspot forms.
    • None of the client data stored in Hubspot will be displayed on the WP admin.
  • Future use: Currently I am the only one receiving leads from the website. I'd like to make sure that when I add more users that:
    • Other users do not have acess to Wordpress Plugin. Ibelive I can set this in the user role admin page for the WP site.
    • That incoming leads can be setup to to be distributed through Chatflows regalrdless of which account is used to set teh connection with the WP plugin. 

Any help or direction would be great! Thanks:)

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lucid 

Answering your questions about the plugin : 

During the initial setup: You can create a new user but to install the app that user will need to following permission:

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 5.08.16 PM.png

This article explains more about user permissions:  

Current Intended Use/ Future use

I will be tagging some of our top contributors that can help with this question, 

@trevordjones ,  @ndwilliams3 would you please give @Lucid  your opinions about his question?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

trevordjones
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Thanks for the Tag @PamCotton,

Hello @Lucid 

You will need to turn on the following permissions in HubSpot for your Dev User:

1. Account access.  Believe it or not, this is necessary for them to set up the Chatbot.  You can turn this on and then turn off all of the switches underneath it.  In that section, you'll also probably want Marketplace Access enabled.
  2. Marketing access.  At a minimum, they will need access to forms.
  3. Personally, I would give them View access to contacts for testing and troubleshooting purposes.  They'll need to be able to test a form and see that a contact was created correctly in HubSpot.  I would also give them Edit Access to contacts so they can delete the contacts they create in the testing process rather than cluttering your database. You could limit this to "owned only" or "team only" to limit your exposure here unless you are defining ownership of new contacts to someone else.  You can turn off everything else in  contacts.
  4. It sounds like you can leave everything else locked down for the time being, but you may find other things need to be turned on as you go, so be prepared for that unless you want to take a more permissive approach with your developer.

You are correct that limiting access ot the HubSpot Plugin from WordPress will have to be done in WordPress.

Also, you should be able to route leads as desired in chatflows regardless of which user is used to set up the plugin. @kendrac93 is currently working on this for our team and may be able to help more with chatflow setup if needed.

Hope this helps!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

Lucid
Participant

Thanks @trevordjones for the info. I setup teh account as reccomended and gave access to contacts to view all.

My DEV's comments were:

[...]We suspect it has to do with the limitations of the account access provided as a developer.  Jason has included the code but his login prevents him from seeing the data which he thinks may be part of the issue.

Might there be another setting preventing from seeing the data? I am not sure exactly which data or error they are receiving. I'd even like to schedule a call/email with support and the DEV to get this sorted out.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Gianpiero

0 Upvotes
trevordjones

Hi @Lucid,

This is a temporary arrangment and I think it's probably worthwhile to give your developer more access to your system so they can see what they need.

Assuming you have a trusted relationship with your developer, you could open up read-write permissions for almost all features under marketing, contacts, sales and service.  That should give them pretty full access to see and configure everything they need to.

The only things I would not give them access to are the switches below Account Access  on the account screen (but again, they need the acocunt access switch) and Import, Export and Bulk Delete on the contacts screen.

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

Lucid
Participant

I will be on the phone with the deveopers today and will provide more details with the issue being experienced. I am told that the connection made to HubSpot from WP the forms work fine but the chatbox does not. 

Also, I was told that the connection to hubspot only had to be made once and then I could delete the user account. I am not so sure this is the case anymore but wil be testing this feature out.

0 Upvotes
Lucid
Participant

@trevordjones 

Hi Trevor,  I opened up permissions. The connection to hub spot is fine. The issue is that the script for the pop up chat box is not running and we aren't receiving any error codes. 

They are looking into th WP site itself but I wonder if it is somethign else? We are looking into it from our end and wil advise. If there are any other ideas, I am all ears.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lucid 

You are able to chat with support if you would like to, that way you can provide what permissions you enabled to the Dev into your portal and screenshots.

Let us know if that works.

Stay Safe,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lucid
Participant

This doesn't solve my case....it is ongoing.

0 Upvotes
Lucid
Participant

Thanks for the response. I will confirm that it works once it is fully setup. 

Lucid
Participant

After contacting support I can add a non paid user to make the initial connection and can also remove that user once the connection is made without interrupting the connection betweeen WP and HS.

More answers to follow as I work through this.

Gianpiero

0 Upvotes