Marketing Integrations

vennavaram

Hubspot - Salesforce Integration and new custom tables/objects

SOLVE

Hi,

We are planning to migrated a salesforce application into Hubspot CRM. We need to clarify few concerns we have for the migration.

1. If Salesforce is in sync with Hubspot already and moving forward if we turn off the sync, the data synced into Hubspot from Salesforce remain as is or will it be deleted?

2. Can we create new tables/objects in Hubspot? Can we create child objects for the existing objects like Deals?

Thank you,
Murali Reddy
(214) 205-3080

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @vennavaram, Welcome to the Community! I'd be happy to address your concerns.

1. If you chose to turn the Sync off, information in HubSpot will not be deleted. It will remain as it was at the time of last sync. 

2. You can create new properties in hubspot by following the instructions here, and I would also recommend checking out our user guide on opportunity sync. There are some fields that will sync to the deal field, but I would familiarize yourself with the limitations.

Hope this helps! 

Nicole 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @vennavaram, Welcome to the Community! I'd be happy to address your concerns.

1. If you chose to turn the Sync off, information in HubSpot will not be deleted. It will remain as it was at the time of last sync. 

2. You can create new properties in hubspot by following the instructions here, and I would also recommend checking out our user guide on opportunity sync. There are some fields that will sync to the deal field, but I would familiarize yourself with the limitations.

Hope this helps! 

Nicole 

0 Upvotes
StartupRx

SOLVE

This is not a complete or even correct answer, and i just looked at Hubspot for 5 mins. Properties here are fields - not objects. So support here has not DB/sql terminology training and or they are not willing to say NO you cant create you own custom DB (objects). And this is marked as solved? does not give me confidence in the product and the support.

Margaret
Participant

SOLVE

Agreed; we are linterested in the possibility of passing data from HubSpot to a custom object/table in SalesForce (i.e. not Contact, Accounts, or Opportunity). HubSpot is very useful for our Marketing tem, wwe're working towards more integration with Sales. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The objects the connector speaks to natively is fixed; HubSpot contacts speak to Salesforce leads and contacts; HubSpot companies speak to Salesforce accounts; deals to opportunities; engagements to tasks. (The connector will also read and write to Salesforce campaigns in a limited capacity.)

If you want to get custom objects to speak to the connector, it becomes an exercise in manipulating Salesforce data the connector can't read, into places that it can. This can be accomplished with declarative tools like workflows or Process Builder, or by writing custom Apex. You may want to review leveraging integrations with Zapier for additional declarative options - this could give some additional flexibility, but still may not suit 100% of your use cases. 

I understand it may be frustrating that the connector can't read everything within your Salesforce org. Until the HubSpot schema is as varied as Salesforce's, I wouldn't expect the ability to be able to read or write to anything other than the defaults. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Margaret
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for your prompt reply - I will pass this on to our SalesForce expert and we will explore the options you outlined (i.e. workflows) to try to achieve our data flows.

0 Upvotes
scspiwak

SOLVE

Hi @nicolebrenner,

Thank you for the reply. Your answer for my first question is clear.

But my second question was concerning to create a new custom feature like Deal Products or Prices?

We can have a call to discuss this in detail. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Murali Reddy

214-205-3080

0 Upvotes
scspiwak

SOLVE

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the reply.

Your answer for my first question is clear.

But my second question was concerning to create a new custom feature like Deal Products or Prices?

We can have a call to discuss this in detail. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Murali Reddy

214-205-3080

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @scspiwak, If you'd like to create objects (called "properties" in HubSpot), you can do that by creating a new custom property for either your Contacts, Deals, or Companies. Then, you can map those fields over to salesforce and the values will sync between the two systems. If you could provide a little more context about what exactly you're looking to create, I can try and give you some more specific instruction. 

Through the community, we're not able to provide call-backs to discuss posted topics, however if you are a paying HubSpot Customer using any of our Maketing Subscriptions or HubSpot Sales Pro, you're welcome to call into our 24/7 support line at 1-888-HUBSPOT x3 (1-888-482-7768 x3)

0 Upvotes
Aamplify
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

I'm also interested in this. One of the reasons lots of companies continue to use spreadsheets is because you can visually connect data more easily (although it becomes a total mess when you have lots of data and multiple editors).

It would be really useful to be able create table based properties, so for example you could have a field to add a date, value and invoice number to track invoicing against deals etc

Tim

0 Upvotes