Marketing Integrations

RFeehan

Hubspot-Mailchimp integration issue

Hi,

We connected our Mailchimp to our free hubspot plan and it sent out an automatic email to every one of our contacts thanking them for subscribing, we got a lot of complaints because a lot of these contacts are not subscribers and it was considered a breach of trust and data, it had a huge negative effect on our reputation. All i need from this integration is to be able to see whether a contact is subscribed and whether they open our mailchimp emails or not, and things like if they placed an order after opening an email, I don't want any emails sent through this integration, and i don't want customers who have not subscribed to be sent anything at all. Is this possible? How do I set it up?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
RFeehan

Yeah I definitely don't want all of my listed contacts added to mailchimp, because so many were added we were charged for exceeding our mailchimp plan too so I've disabled it for now but would love to do it without that one way sync

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@RFeehan I've never seen HubSpot auto-send any emails. In HubSpot, you have to create the emails before they get sent out. Can you provide screenshots of what these emails look like and how they got sent? 

Can you see them in the contact records in HubSpot?

Here's the HubSpot-MailChimp integration Knowledge Base resource.

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
RFeehan

Hi, the emails were sent through Mialchimp. Once someone subscribes to our newsletter, they get an email through mailchimp thanking them for subscribing. The issue is all of our contacts synced to mailchimp and this triggered the automation. I only want one-way integration, seeing mailchimp data on hubspot, not sending hubspot data to mailchimp

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

Gotcha. So it looks like the way the data sync is built, it's one way for all data except contacts in HubSpot. 

danmoyle_0-1657201765969.png

@karstenkoehler have you worked with the MailChimp integration? Do you have insight to share with @RFeehan on this? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Unfortunately I haven't. Thank you for tagging though, @danmoyle!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danmoyle

You know it! Always happy to tag in friends. I don't know many who have used the integration like this. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
0 Upvotes