Marketing Integrations

ABaroz

Hubspot Leads syncing to Saelsforce Contacts

SOLVE

Hello,

We have an integration with Salesforce, where I have setup an iclusion list to sync a lead to SFDC when it fits specific criteria.

In some cases we see that the HS Lead syncs to a SFDC contact instead of a SF lead.

I cannot figure out what is the reason, looking in the HS-SFDC integration settings on HS i have it set up this way, so t should create a lead and not a contact

ABaroz_0-1686061209752.png

Any assistance would be appreicated

thanks

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @ABaroz, thanks for reaching out!

Do the contacts that sync from HubSpot to Salesforce as contacts already exist in Salesforce? If there is already an existing contact record with a matching email address in Salesforce, HubSpot will update that record, not create a new lead.

Additionally, are those contacts in HubSpot associated with company records? If the associated company records are syncing from HubSpot to Salesforce as accounts, I believe that would set the synced contact as a Salesforce contact since they have an associated account.

Any net new HubSpot contacts that don't existing in Salesforce should be syncing as leads based on your integration settings. Take a look at the HubSpot contacts syncing as Salesforce contacts to see if they existed in Salesforce already or have an associated account in Salesforce.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@ABaroz - agreed with @jolle! We created a free course on the integration that can help you dive deeper into the nuances. Feel free to sign up here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

@ABaroz - agreed with @jolle! We created a free course on the integration that can help you dive deeper into the nuances. Feel free to sign up here.

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @ABaroz, thanks for reaching out!

Do the contacts that sync from HubSpot to Salesforce as contacts already exist in Salesforce? If there is already an existing contact record with a matching email address in Salesforce, HubSpot will update that record, not create a new lead.

Additionally, are those contacts in HubSpot associated with company records? If the associated company records are syncing from HubSpot to Salesforce as accounts, I believe that would set the synced contact as a Salesforce contact since they have an associated account.

Any net new HubSpot contacts that don't existing in Salesforce should be syncing as leads based on your integration settings. Take a look at the HubSpot contacts syncing as Salesforce contacts to see if they existed in Salesforce already or have an associated account in Salesforce.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature