Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Hubspot Intelligence Page Issue

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi ,
Even though the data gets synced between Hubspot and Salesforce, the Hubspot intelligence page section is not displaying any data.

Screenshot from .png

0 Upvotes
9 Replies
Advisor

Hi @sfdctechies,

Your screenshot looks like it is from an Opportunity record.  Remember that all Intelligence data in HubSpot is connected to the Contact, and is only attributed to the Opportunity by association.

What this means is that in order for you to see HubSpot Intelligence on an Opportunity Record:

1.  The Salesforce Contact Record that converted in HubSpot must be listed as the Contact for the opportunity. 
  2. The Contact Email Addresses should match between HubSpot and Salesforce. (The email address is the primary Identifier for all info in HubSpot.)  

I would start there.   

Hope this helps!  If it resolves your problem, please mark this as a solution.  If not, let's talk further!

- Trevor

-Trevor

If my post resolves your issue, please accept my post as a solution.
Occasional Contributor
Hi @trevorjones71,
Actually its not opportunity record but it is the lead record.
The data gets synced between two systems. But the salesforce user is unable to view the intelligence page section.
Also, it would be really helpful if you could explain me if there is any importance in creating user in hubspot who is there mentioned in permission set in Salesforce.
0 Upvotes
Advisor

@sfdctechies 

Interesting. In that case I would definitely double check the email addresses of the two records to make sure they match.   I would also double-check to make sure that your Salesforce User account has a permission set assigned to it that includes Visualforce Page Access.  Either of those things could cause your problem.

- Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @trevorjones71 ,

Thanks for the reply.

Please have a look into the following steps I went through.

I signed up for Hubspot trial account and Salesforce Developer account (we have live environments for both, but for testing the integration we created trial accounts). I followed the integration procedure as follows:

1. Created Hubspot account, logged in as admin (only admin is created).

2. Connected to the developer Salesforce Account, as admin with another email which not similar to Hubspot.

3. After the connection, I was able to view the Hubspot intelligence page section in Lead Layout in Salesforce.

4. Then, created an integration profile in Salesforce and then created a new user and assigned to him.

5. In Hubspot, clicked on ' connect to a new account' button in the Salesforce Integration and logged in to the newly created user account. The data which was able to see in Hubspot intelligence page was still available.

NOTE: I did not create the Corresponding Salesforce user in Hubspot. Still, it was working, but when I switched the connection it shows under contact owner ' Deactivated User'.

After this testing, I tried to connect to a new account and then followed the steps and was not able to view the Hubspot Intelligence page data. It shows that there is no corresponding data (Hubspot contact data) in Hubspot even though the lead id is populated properly in corresponding Hubspot Contact.

What am I missing here?, Do I have to create the user in Hubspot corresponding to the salesforce? if yes then how it is going to work?. I also tried creating the user in Hubspot and made the contact owner in Hubspot and Salesforce lead owner as of the same person.

0 Upvotes
Advisor

Good Morning @sfdctechies,

You shouldn't need a user in HubSpot for every contact owner in Salesforce.  I validated this in my own portal.  

Forgive me if this is an obvious question, but when you say this:

"After this testing, I tried to connect to a new account and then followed the steps and was not able to view the Hubspot Intelligence page data. It shows that there is no corresponding data (Hubspot contact data) in Hubspot even though the lead id is populated properly in corresponding Hubspot Contact."

Are we certain that  the lead you are testing:

1. Converted on a HubSpot form?
  2. Did not have cookies blocked?

Depending upon the configuration of your integration, Salesforce will create a Contact in HubSpot when you create a lead in Salesforce, but there won't be any HubSpot intelligence data until the lead converts on your website.

Again - sorry if this was obvious, just trying to rule it out.

-Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
Hi @trevorjones71,
Am new to Hubspot.
To view the hubspot intelligence page section (view the data from hubspot i meant) do the salesforce user need to log in to the hubspot in new window on the same browser?.
Because, the lead page is showing to log into the hubspot inside the hubspot intelligence page section.
How does this work ?.
What is there are 10 salesforce users who are getting this message to login .( we tested with three users on salesforce lead page)
0 Upvotes
Advisor

@sfdctechies 

Sorry - YES they need to be logged in to HubSpot.  This is covered in the Salesforce Connector FAQ which you'll find HERE.

-Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor
If there are 10 salesforce users working in 10 different places ( consider same city) should have 10 different Hubspot account parallel with salesforce account?.
0 Upvotes
Advisor

@sfdctechies 

That is probably the best approach from a security standpoint.

I suppose you could also have a single HubSpot account with Contacts "View only" access that everybody logs into. Using a password manager (like LastPass) so that you can change the password when someone leaves.  I think that might get cumbersome, though.

- Trevor

-Trevor

0 Upvotes