Marketing Integrations

TGodbolt

HubSpot to Dynamics Integration - Existing Leads and Customers

SOLVE

So we are syncing HubSpot to Dynamics CRM via custom integration.  For certain form submissions, leads/contacts/customers sync directly to Dynamics CRM and gets automatically routed to someone on the sales team to follow-up. This process works well for brand new leads to HubSpot. The problem is if the person exists in HubSpot, we don't know how to tell CRM that an existing lead or customer submitted a form.  Has anyone had this issue and have a resolution for notifying CRM (any other CRM system) that someone that exists already submitted a form? I'm happy to provide more details if this doesn't explain the issue.

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @TGodbolt, thanks for reaching out!

Just to be clear, are you using HubSpot forms or Dynamics forms?

I'm also not sure how your custom integration functions, but I'm wondering if you could either:

1. Pass the "engagement" from HubSpot into the Dynamics record timeline so you can see a list of form submissions (not sure what the lift here would be)
  2. Sync a date property from HubSpot that would help indicate when a record was originally created or originally converted, depending on your requirements (i.e., "Create date," "First conversion date," "Recent conversion date," "Number of form submissions," "Number of unique forms submitted")

I also want to share this recent HubSpot Community thread on distinguishing between new and existing leads in Dynamics in case it's helpful.

Hope this at least helps get you started!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @TGodbolt, thanks for reaching out!

Just to be clear, are you using HubSpot forms or Dynamics forms?

I'm also not sure how your custom integration functions, but I'm wondering if you could either:

1. Pass the "engagement" from HubSpot into the Dynamics record timeline so you can see a list of form submissions (not sure what the lift here would be)
  2. Sync a date property from HubSpot that would help indicate when a record was originally created or originally converted, depending on your requirements (i.e., "Create date," "First conversion date," "Recent conversion date," "Number of form submissions," "Number of unique forms submitted")

I also want to share this recent HubSpot Community thread on distinguishing between new and existing leads in Dynamics in case it's helpful.

Hope this at least helps get you started!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
TGodbolt

SOLVE

The forms are hubspot and these are some really good suggestions.  Since our integration is custom, we could enhance the code with anything that's relatively simple that gets us what we need. I will also check out the link included.

0 Upvotes