Marketing Integrations

Ignazio
Contributor | Diamond Partner

HubSpot + Shopify integration - double checkout, pending and abandoned

Hi Partners!

I noticed a serious anomaly in the HubSpot-Shopify native integration.
If a customer enters the Shopify checkout and goes back to the shop, the integration register it as a “Checkout pending” deal, inside the Ecommerce pipeline, and after 24 hours, it's transformed in a “Checkout abandoned” cart. This is normal.

What is not normal, in my opinion, is that: if the same customer, after 24 hours (so the cart jumped into the "abandoned" stage), navigates the ecommerce again up to the cart and process the order, the integration create a second deal (equal to the first one) inside HubSpot, as “pending”, and the “old” one remains inside the "abandoned cart" stage of the pipeline (is not deleted or updated).

This means that every time a customer complete a checkout after a second approach (a common CX experience in a lot of businesses), he/she will receive evermore the abandoned checkout automation emails with the products he/she already bought.

Is there some way to make HubSpot delete the first "abandoned checkout" when the second one is completed from the same user?

Thank you in advance for the support!

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

Did my post help you? Marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Ignazio

Hi @webdew and thank you so much for this reply!

I can confirm you: the cart is the same, in the same session.

Unlukly, this duplication seems to be an expected behaviour for the integration: I've tried from other instances and talked with other partners who confirms this.

In my opinion, this is a bad, weak point of this integration: there should be more options to manage this aspect both on Shopify and HubSpot.

Best,

i

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @Ignazio ,

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Did the customer create a new cart or is it the same cart?

My understanding is that this duplication is not expected behaviour for the integration . From the information here, it sounds like there might be. an issue with this instance of the integration. IN order to look further into this we really would need to see some examples to figure out what is happening.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

Ignazio

Hi @PamCotton and @Bryantworks, nice to meet you and thank you so much for your kindness and help 🙂 

Thanks also to  @darynsmith  and @vickisonne for every other advice: meanwhile I'll consider Unific for this Shop! 

Have a great week,

Ignazio

Ignazio Morici

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey @Ignazio!

Unfortunately, with the native integration there are very few settings that you can control, but HubSpot in general will not "delete" records either via Automation or integrations.  I would suggest using Unific, as if you're under a certain order volume it's actually free for a very robust sync.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Ignazio, thank you for posting in our Community! 

I will add some top experts to share their thoughts, @Bryantworks @darynsmith @vickisonne any recommendations to @Ignazio matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !