Marketing Integrations

LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

HubSpot + Salesforce integration continuously creating duplicates

SOLVE

Hi there - I'm working with a client that has HubSpot and Salesforce integrated. We imported a list into HubSpot of net new contacts for a campaign we're running (yes - opted in & properly permissioned). Ever since we did the import, contacts have been duplicating in Salesforce every 15 minutes with the API push. I've connected with HubSpot and Salesforce support and we can't seem to solve the issue. It looks like the Salesforce Contact ID is not coming through to the HubSpot records for these contacts and I can't import a Salesforce ID with a CSV as it's a read-only field. I've tried deleting all of the contacts from Salesforce and reimporting to Salesforce to sync over to HubSpot but that didn't solve the issue either.

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LaurenRyan 

Interesting problem. 

While HubSpot and Salesforce record IDs are very important, and useful, the HubSpot Salesforce connector will dedupe HubSpot Contacts against Salesforce Contacts and Leads using email address. 

The assumption is that if a contact exisits, there cannot be a lead with the same email address. 

Is there anything happening on the Salesforce side that might be preventing the connector from seeing the contact with the matching email addres on the Salesforce side? Are email addresses being moved, removed, changed, or anything else unusual? Does the integration user definitly have permission to always see the contacts once they have been created?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @LaurenRyan 

Interesting problem. 

While HubSpot and Salesforce record IDs are very important, and useful, the HubSpot Salesforce connector will dedupe HubSpot Contacts against Salesforce Contacts and Leads using email address. 

The assumption is that if a contact exisits, there cannot be a lead with the same email address. 

Is there anything happening on the Salesforce side that might be preventing the connector from seeing the contact with the matching email addres on the Salesforce side? Are email addresses being moved, removed, changed, or anything else unusual? Does the integration user definitly have permission to always see the contacts once they have been created?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency