Marketing Integrations

jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

HubSpot Native Shopify Integration 101: How to segment data in HubSpot

hubspot-shopify-101.png

Hello all,

I hope everyone is excited for INBOUND2019. For anyone attending hopefully I will see you there. Smiley Happy This is the third in a series of videos focusing on the native integration Hubspot provides with Shopify. In the last post I spoke about "How data syncs between the two systems" and before that we looked at "How to setup the integration". In this post I'm going to talk about how we can use the eCommerce data to segment and better understand our audience from within HubSpot.

The data that syncs over from Shopify into HubSpot can be incredibly useful in helping you to understand your customers buying habits. In doing so you can identify opportunites to cross-sell or up-sell to your customers. Or alternativley create lists of customers that have purchased from you several times and reach out to reward them for their loyalty! Some things I've seen implemented in the past with are:

• Create a list of contacts who have purchased specific product(s)
  • Create a list of contacts who have purchased products with specific tags
  • Create a list of contacts that have X amount of deals associated
  • Create a list of contacts who have a total revenue of over X amount
  • Create a list of contacts who have not purchased in X amount of time

For more information check out the video below:

Check out this Video

I hope that this has been useful to you and helps highlight how you can being to leverage that eCommerce data to better segment your contacts and optimize your campaigns as a result. Be as creative as you like and as always if you've any questions please leave a comment below and I'll do my best to help. 

sprocket-web-color.pngHappy HubSpotting!

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
6 Replies 6
Berky
Contributor

This is awesome @jackcoldrick !  I was trying to produce a REPORT showing a list of customers who've purchased 2 specific products.  Is that do-able?  Support tells me no, but that seems so crazy basic that I don't believe it.  I see you're saying we can do a list, but I want to put this in a dashboard for the boss and you can't put lists in dashboards (product suggestion please).  

jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Berky 

I was away on annual leave for the Christmas period which is why my response is somewhat delayed - apologies for that. Thank you for the feedback I am glad that you found it helpful! 

You are correct that you cannot put lists in dashboards. However depending on your HubSpot package you could create a custom report and use list membership as the filter 

In my example I have created a list of contacts who have purchased both "Lonely Planets Travel Diary 2019" AND "Great Moments of Irish Rugby" in a single order and used it to generate a report. You can view the list in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 1.09.11 PM.png

I then click on "Actions > Create a Report" and a report is generated for me with the following filters:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 1.11.14 PM.png

I can then make the necessary edits to my report before adding it to a dashboard.

The finished report would look something like this which would show me what cities people are living in that purchased the two products:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 1.12.58 PM.png

Or alternatively I could create a report showing a table of email address information for each buyer like this:

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 1.14.21 PM.png

I hope this helps,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
Berky
Contributor

That's cool @jackcoldrick .  I didn't know you could do that.  Is there any way to get a report showing a list of people who've purchased a product and show their name, company, and the product they purchased?

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Berky,

You could do that by creating an unsummarized data table when building out the report visualization. Just be sure to include the "First name", "last name" and "Company" properties as data points. Like below:

Report_Builder___HubSpot.png

You wouldn't be able to surface the product they purchased as this isn't stored on a contact property but rather a line item on a deal. This is why you could create a list and use that as a filter. Therefore anyone pulled into the report must be a member of the list. In order to be a member of the list you would need to purchase a specific product at some point. 

I hope this helps.

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
Berky
Contributor

I see that and have a report set up like that even showing recent deal $amount.... so close!

Is it possible to create a report of deal line items and filter it by membership in a list?

0 Upvotes
Berky
Contributor

Greate series, thanks Jack!  How do I create a report instead of a list of contacts that have purchased two specific products so I can include it in a dashboard?