Marketing Integrations

ChaeliKay
Participant

HubSpot Intelligence Object in SF - Engagement Only Filter

SOLVE

I'm trying to filter out all marketing content from the HubSpot Intelligence object in SF so that only content that the contact has engaged with populates in the object. Currently it is all marketing content that is listed. This includes not only email engagement, but page views, social sharing/activity and GoTo integration activity (registered for webinar, attended, etc.) and Wistia's Soapbox integration activity (viewed video).  We are trying to avoid having the sales team in HubSpot and keeping them in SF with a snapshot of their contacts engagement activity.

Is this possible to eliminate unengaged marketing content from the object? What is the next best thing? Syncing to tasks in the SF app integration settings creates a lot of extra data and does not provide the snapshot we are looking for. 

Open to any and all suggestions. Please advise if further clarification is needed. 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @ChaeliKay. Unless you're using a much older version of the connector and haven't upgraded, there aren't HubSpot Intelligence records in Salesforce any more. What HubSpot recommends - and is in a practical sense the same thing - is mapping over analytic fields which made up data on the HubSpot Intelligence object, onto leads and contacts. 

However, whether you proceed this way or not, the analytic properties these fields are based on are uneditable. That includes trying to restrict values, like only a handful of pages among the entirety of a contact's pages viewed. If your org has development resources, it's possible they could write their own scripts which conditionally populate custom properties. But that's augmenting the existing scheme, and not actually a modification. Finding alternate ways of populating helper properties is a more effective, albeit probably unsatisfying, way to proceed here.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @ChaeliKay. Unless you're using a much older version of the connector and haven't upgraded, there aren't HubSpot Intelligence records in Salesforce any more. What HubSpot recommends - and is in a practical sense the same thing - is mapping over analytic fields which made up data on the HubSpot Intelligence object, onto leads and contacts. 

However, whether you proceed this way or not, the analytic properties these fields are based on are uneditable. That includes trying to restrict values, like only a handful of pages among the entirety of a contact's pages viewed. If your org has development resources, it's possible they could write their own scripts which conditionally populate custom properties. But that's augmenting the existing scheme, and not actually a modification. Finding alternate ways of populating helper properties is a more effective, albeit probably unsatisfying, way to proceed here.

ChaeliKay
Participant

SOLVE
That is quite a lot to digest. I believe I am following what you have laid out and I'll have to do some deeper research into the field mappings. Thank you for the quick response!
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Yeah, sorry. I'm wordy as all get out.

If you are seeing data on HubSpot Intelligence, which would only be possible through an older version of the connector, virtually any field data on that object exists as property data in HubSpot. You'd just need to map those fields to Salesforce, if you haven't already. 

0 Upvotes
ChaeliKay
Participant

SOLVE

Gotcha! Thank you. 

P.S. Your personal tag line is fantastic!