Marketing Integrations

evelliQM
Participant

How to log Salesforce meetings in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to have meetings logged in Salesforce show up in HubSpot? I'd like to trigger SQL automation based on a meeting being set in SFDC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Eric

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @evelliQM 

It's tricky because, I think, Salesforce meetings are a type of object that HubSpot can not see. 

The general solution to this sort of challenge is to flatten the releveant information down to a contact property in Salesforce using process builder or something similar. This can then be mapped and synced to HubSpot and then used to trigger a workflow etc. 

In the case of meetings, which can be many to one with contacts, this may mean overwriting a single value each time a meeting is created, but this may still be enought to achieve what you are looking to do 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @evelliQM 

It's tricky because, I think, Salesforce meetings are a type of object that HubSpot can not see. 

The general solution to this sort of challenge is to flatten the releveant information down to a contact property in Salesforce using process builder or something similar. This can then be mapped and synced to HubSpot and then used to trigger a workflow etc. 

In the case of meetings, which can be many to one with contacts, this may mean overwriting a single value each time a meeting is created, but this may still be enought to achieve what you are looking to do 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
evelliQM
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Phil, 

You are correct in that HS cannot see the SFDC meeting object. We ended up using a "Meeting Booked?" Checkbox field in SFDC & process automation to mark it as True if a meeting with Type = Discovery was logged. Syncing that checkbox to HS and triggering lifecycle stage automation on it. 

Thanks for the help!

Vkhare

SOLVE

Could you please tell the exact steps to work on it ?

I was making the checkbox in the LEAD, Account, Contact, Opportunity object. As our sales team is using all the objects to book the meeting.

I am unable to do the process automation because of the relationship.

0 Upvotes
evelliQM
Participant

SOLVE

I set up a process builder to fire when an Event is created/updated in SFDC. The criteria is based on the Type field, and updates a checkbox on either the Contact or Lead record, which then syncs to HubSpot to trigger SQL automation.

Here is the process builder. The WhoID and WhatID criteria were added by our SFDC admin as a nuance of the Event object. I'm not entirely sure why, but perhaps you can ask your admin. If you want to additionally add this checkbox to Accounts and Opps, I think you'll either need to add two nodes to the process builder similar to these, or just roll the field up from the contact record to the parent account/any opportunities. That might get complicated though... Best of luck 

Nodes & respective criteria:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.27.54 AM (2).png

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.30.45 AM (2).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-10 at 10.31.32 AM (2).png

0 Upvotes
Vkhare

SOLVE

Thank you so much for telling me the entire process.

I have completed the process builder and made the checkbox on the Leads object. It's working pretty fine and it is also syncing with the hubspot property ( Hubspot meeting Sync, A Custom checkbox ). In this entire process, I am confused about the data. How data will fetch through this checkbox ? Only checkbox is synced.

If any kind of workflow I have to design in the husbpot then what I have to design ?

0 Upvotes
evelliQM
Participant

SOLVE
If I’m understanding correctly, you are wondering what else needs to happen to use this data effectively? If you’re looking to trigger lifecycle stage automation, then yes you’ll need to create a workflow that updates lifecycle stage based on that checkbox becoming True. It all entirely depends on what your business objective is. Ours is to mark lifecycle stage as SQL for the individual contacts, so we can get insight into our funnel conversion rates and such.
Vkhare

SOLVE

Thank you so much !

It helps a lot :).

0 Upvotes