Marketing Integrations

Korneenkov

How to link Salesforce Custom object to Hubspot custom object

SOLVE

Hi, 

Hooray to Hubspot for creating Custom Objects and sharing it with us!

I created one and synced it with a custom object in Salesforce.

But now I am receiving error messages because instead of updating a record which was updated in Salesforce, Hubspot is trying to create a new record with the same unique identifier

What kind of connection exists between Salesforce and Hubspot and how let them know that this record already was synced and it should be updated?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Korneenkov
Solution

SOLVE

We found a source of the problem - After a custom object was created I followed the instruction: "Turning on sync won't import all your tour Application data into HubSpot right away. Instead, individual records will sync when they're created or updated in Salesforce. If you want to bring everything into HubSpot immediately, use an import."

But as it occurs, Hubspot is not able to sync records uploaded manually.

So I deleted all the records in Hubspot and updated records in Salesforce triggering the sync with Hubspot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Korneenkov
Solution

SOLVE

We found a source of the problem - After a custom object was created I followed the instruction: "Turning on sync won't import all your tour Application data into HubSpot right away. Instead, individual records will sync when they're created or updated in Salesforce. If you want to bring everything into HubSpot immediately, use an import."

But as it occurs, Hubspot is not able to sync records uploaded manually.

So I deleted all the records in Hubspot and updated records in Salesforce triggering the sync with Hubspot

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Korneenkov 

Welcome to the Community!

I want to share this really nice post where you can find Step by Step Guide to setting up your SFDC integration

Also, I'd invite a few experts that can share their experience with you about this integration. 

Hey @Josh @StefaniUAT @Bruno_Teixeira what would you advise in this case?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Korneenkov

SOLVE

Hi Sharon, 

The post is really nice indeed but it covers a general integration while I am trying to sync custom objects

0 Upvotes