Marketing Integrations

Smayer
Participante

How to delay sync to Salesforce?

resolver

Hubspot is having an issue where it's syncing properties to SFDC at different times (even seconds later) which is screwing up workflows in SFDC. For example, a contact fills out a form, with hidden fields populated > sync to SFDC > creation in SFDC first, then property sync, causing contacts to be incorrectly routed.  This is causing huge headaches for my teams. 

Marketo has a 'delay salesforce sync' option, is there a way to delay a sync in Hubspot?! I need all of my properties to push over at the same exact time. 

1 Solução aceita
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver
You may want to try creating an inclusion list - a HubSpot smart list where only contacts meeting the list criteria sync to Salesforce. The sync is triggered automatically once someone joins the list for the first time, then automatically after that as mapped properties change values.

While it's a headache to go through the extra configuration, what you would be able to do is add a delay step to workflows before a contact could join the inclusion list. While that would work for your use case, the setup could be nontrivial, so you'll want to review with other users first prior to building.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
bradmin

resolver

Hi, @Smayer. The short answer is that there's no configuration you can do that will change this schedule. A poll job runs on the Salesforce side every 10 minutes or so that pushes updates to HubSpot. In HubSpot, once changes to mapped properties occur (or events like form submissions or email activities happen), the sync is triggered. For existing contacts, these changes are triggered within a few minutes; for new submissions, changes get to Salesforce a little faster than that.

Is the hidden data you're referring to completely contained within nonvisible form fields? If so, that data should be available when the initial sync to Salesforce occurs. If data is instead being populated from HubSpot workflows or other integrations, it's possible for the initial sync to fire before the other updates occur.

The only control you'll have over this is to set up an inclusion list (and ensure your HubSpot workflows are updated to accommodate the list), or add delay steps onto HubSpot workflows which delays the sync a bit, allowing time for other data to be updated on the record before the initial sync.

0 Avaliação positiva
Smayer
Participante

resolver

Unfortunately Zapier doesn't accept hidden fields on forms, so yes, I'm defining the properties on the Workflow. I've already added a delay, but the sync is happening before the delay step. I added a delay of 5 mins just after the property set step. 

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin
Solução

resolver
You may want to try creating an inclusion list - a HubSpot smart list where only contacts meeting the list criteria sync to Salesforce. The sync is triggered automatically once someone joins the list for the first time, then automatically after that as mapped properties change values.

While it's a headache to go through the extra configuration, what you would be able to do is add a delay step to workflows before a contact could join the inclusion list. While that would work for your use case, the setup could be nontrivial, so you'll want to review with other users first prior to building.