Marketing Integrations

michaelrandrup
Participant

Handling Non-Hubspot Form submissions with reCapcha / validation

If I setup a regular form with that meets all the requirements of a Non-HubSpot form integration, and I add unobtrusive validation, Capcha or other things that can block the form post after the user press "Submit" - how is that handled by HubSpot?

I guess HubSpot is hooking up on the form's "onSubmit" event to figure out when a non-hubspot form is being posted and then re-posts the field content into the Hubspot Platform.

But if the submit is being cancelled by something, will the data not still end up in HubSpot as a Non-HubSpot form post? Because how can the HubSpot script know it was cancelled?

Similar to if we were to hook up on the "onSubmit" event for a built-in HubSpot form (I know, unsupported) - then if the form post is being cancelled by a validation error, there is no way from the outside to get that information.

Hope someone in the Community can clarify the behavior before we go all-in on this otherwise pretty cool 'non-hubspot form' functionality.

Regards

Michael

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @michaelrandrup happy Friday! Thank you for posting your question here!

Currently, ReCaptcha shouldn't prevent form submissions unless Google is alerted that the submission may be suspicious/contain an inactive email address. 

I wanted to share this Community post of some customers using a custom solution here.

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

michaelrandrup
Participant

Hi Pam.

Thank you for your reply. I read the other thread you referred to, and it is all about Recapcha. I am asking in more general terms: Example, you have a form with validation for example (all forms will have some kind of validation). If the user press Submit, but the validation component of the form blocks the actual submit and displays the error(s) in stead, what happens with the non-HubSpot form functionality? Will it still regard that as a Form post?

As far as I can see so far, you cannot use non-HubSpot form functionality on any other type of form other than "plain forms" with no validation or anything else that can obstruct the input button from submitting when pressed. Is that correct to assume? 

0 Upvotes