Marketing Integrations

CathalMoran
Contributor

Grouping multiple webinar attendees

SOLVE

I have enabled the GoTo Meeting integration with hubspot and it's fine. It pulls over the registrants and attendees correctly.

However, I need to automate the grouping of these webinars. We run 3 catagories of onboarding/training webinars weekly, each one is run multiple times in a week, let's call them A, B,C . Each of these webinars are a separate webinar in G2W because they are on different times and different days. 

I want to be able to group/list people who have attended webinar A. But in hubspot list filters it only allows Has attended Any or you have to select one single specific webinar.

The process repeats each month. I really don't want to have to recreate workflows/list each month. If I could do something like has attended Webinar and Webinar name starts with A then that would be perfect but isn't an option in Hubspot (or Zapier)

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @CathalMoran. Our org suffers from the same limitation, and it's a behavior that hasn't been built into any webinar tools. Whether you're using the native GTW integration, or Zapier with some sort of webinar tool, it only lets you define registrants or attendees to that specific webinar; there's no option to group all of that tool's registrants or attendees across all webinars. The same goes with other grouping exercises beyond just one webinar.

In general, HubSpot lets you segment based on how the integration lets you segment. The best you can do is set up a HubSpot workflow which classifies someone as a registrant or attendee. As you noted, you'd have to change this on a webinar-by-webinar basis. This isn't ideal, and until the webinar integrations allow segmentation across all webinars, I wouldn't expect to see an in-app option in HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @CathalMoran. Our org suffers from the same limitation, and it's a behavior that hasn't been built into any webinar tools. Whether you're using the native GTW integration, or Zapier with some sort of webinar tool, it only lets you define registrants or attendees to that specific webinar; there's no option to group all of that tool's registrants or attendees across all webinars. The same goes with other grouping exercises beyond just one webinar.

In general, HubSpot lets you segment based on how the integration lets you segment. The best you can do is set up a HubSpot workflow which classifies someone as a registrant or attendee. As you noted, you'd have to change this on a webinar-by-webinar basis. This isn't ideal, and until the webinar integrations allow segmentation across all webinars, I wouldn't expect to see an in-app option in HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
CathalMoran
Contributor

SOLVE

If Hubspot could put a filter on webinar name begins with or contains then tha would help workaround the issue

0 Upvotes