Marketing Integrations

VKhalifeh
Contributor | Diamond Partner

GoToWebinar: Re-enroll contacts into a webinar workflow

We use the forms of GoToWebinar and send the registration information via the integration into HubSpot. We have ~200 webinars a year and want to save specific information after a contact has registered and do a follow up after the webinar for attendees and non-attendees.

The only information I get from the GoToWebinar integration is the fact that someone has registered but not when. To set up our workflows I needed to create two workflows for each webinar as there is no re-enrollment possible for the webinar registration trigger. Therefore a workflow with the trigger "has attended ANY webinar" wasn't an option. But it takes too much time to create all these workflows. Is there a way to have a more simple solution?

I have tried to use an active list instead. But as the integration does not set a date property with the registration date I am not able to exclude contacts that have once registered for a webinar and want to join a second webinar in the future. Contacts that have registered for a webinar once will not leave the active list. This means they are not re-enrolled in the list (as they are already a member of it) and therefore are not coming back into the workflow when they register again for another webinar.  So even when I use an active list and use the re-enrollment in the workflow contacts are not getting into the workflow again.

I have tried working with several active lists, with a dedicated property as a "Yes/No" filter, with two different workflows and also with static lists. I end up always with the same issue: After the first registration for a webinar contacts cannot be re-triggered.

Did someone had this issue before and knows how to solve it? Is the API or Marketing Events a possible solution to this?

Thanks a lot!
Best,
Valerie

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @VKhalifeh. I have a couple of questions. 

For each webinar, is there a unique workflow for nurturing/reminding them of the event, and also a workflow after the event with unique follow up information? 

• In other words, if you have about 200 webinars a year, are they all unique and therefore you have 200 pre-show workflows and 200 follow up workflows? 

Also, are people signing up for multiple webinars? 

I picture this: A prospect signs up for a webinar on a specific landing page so you know where they're coming from. From there, you can trigger a unique workflow with the specific content needed. 

If it's the same information each time, do they need a re-enrollment with the same follow up information each time, if they've already seen it with the last webinar they signed up for? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
VKhalifeh

Hi Dan,
Thanks a lot for your helping hand! 

You are correct. Currently, we have one workflow for sign up and one workflow for the follow up for each webinar. Customers can sign up for multiple webinars.

The sign up workflows should all do the same: they set a date in a custom property "date last webinar registration" and the topic of the webinar in a custom property "webinar name".  We have around 10 webinar topics and for each topic several webinars. So I'd rather work with an if/then branch in one sign up workflow for all webinars then to have 100 webinar sign up workflows.

I am aware that the follow up workflows still need to be created individually as they are dependend on a specific date. In the follow up we send an email with upcoming webinars the contact might be interessted at.

Do you know if I could use the API to save the registration date of a webinar in a custom property? If that's possible we could use the date as a re-enrollment trigger as the date will always be renewed with each registration.

Thanks for your help 🙂

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @VKhalifeh 

Can you use the Page they registered on as a List Filter?

Or are all the Webinar Registration Forms on the same page?

Curiously

Mike

VKhalifeh

Hi Mike, the registration forms are all individual pages from GoToWebinar.
Unfortunately, if I use the landing page as a filter in the active list I would just switch the issue from having 200 workflows to having 200 lists. I am not sure if that is making the handling easier.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VKhalifeh 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Mike_Eastwood @danmoyle @Jnix284 do you have any thought for @VKhalifeh on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !