Marketing Integrations

ellenrathburn

Form > Zapier > Google Sheets- Timestamp?

SOLVE

I am using zapier to create rows on a spreadsheet as form-fills are submitted to create warranty requests for my company's tech department. I would like to find a way to create a timestamp within the spreadsheet, or generate an ID number automatically. Has anyone found a way to accomplish this?

2 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The timestamp should be easy to solve for.  If Zapier cannot grab that data from the form submit, I would just create a date property and populate that.  If you need a true datestamp, just modify your form embed code and include it via javascript ( https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/advanced_form_options ).  Then pass that property through Zapier.

The problem with generating an ID number depends on the complexity of the number, whether it is auto increment or whether it is some custom string.  If you can generate it via API or script prior to the form submission you may be able to pass it as a property.  If not I'm a bit short of ideas because the thought going through my mind is keeping it in sync between platforms.

View solution in original post

ellenrathburn
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Aspermont

What ended up working for me was using adding the column to my google sheet for the timestamp, and using { {zap_meta_human_now} } with the company-necessary modifiers to add the timestamp. This article may help you out! 

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Aspermont
Participant

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm still looking for a solution to map the contact form submission date -> Zapier -> Google Sheets. I don't see the form submission date in Hubspot properties to add to the Hubspot form.

Any solutions?

0 Upvotes
ellenrathburn
Solution

SOLVE

Hi Aspermont

What ended up working for me was using adding the column to my google sheet for the timestamp, and using { {zap_meta_human_now} } with the company-necessary modifiers to add the timestamp. This article may help you out! 

https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/insert-the-time-your-zap-runs-into-a-field

jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE

THANK YOU!!! Worked Perfectly.

0 Upvotes
olga_rusnak

SOLVE

Hi @ellenrathburn 

So, I am going to suggest another option:

- You can use Google Sheets add-on called Coupler.io to pull your data from HubSpot to Google Sheets on a set schedule (it currently offers down to 1-hour data refresh frequency)

- So, for example, you will pull Deals (or People, or Organizations data) - depending on that what type of data category gets created in HubSpot after a person filled out a form.

- If you want Coupler.io to retrieve Deals, it will pull all other Deals properties, like:

• Deal name
  • Deal owner
  • Deal stage
  • Amount
  • Deal description
  • Create date - this is what you need!
  • Close date
  • etc.

- Then you just call the sheet where you pull this data - deals raw data (for instance) - and refer to it from other views when building dashboard and/or performing other types of calculations.

It would be interesting to find out what you think about this option!

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The timestamp should be easy to solve for.  If Zapier cannot grab that data from the form submit, I would just create a date property and populate that.  If you need a true datestamp, just modify your form embed code and include it via javascript ( https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/advanced_form_options ).  Then pass that property through Zapier.

The problem with generating an ID number depends on the complexity of the number, whether it is auto increment or whether it is some custom string.  If you can generate it via API or script prior to the form submission you may be able to pass it as a property.  If not I'm a bit short of ideas because the thought going through my mind is keeping it in sync between platforms.

meelad
Participant

SOLVE

Do you want a date appended as it's own column everytime a new row is added to your Google Sheet?

0 Upvotes