Marketing Integrations

Participante

Form Submissions via Zapier - Form Building, Field Mapping & Custom Properties

resolver

I'm hoping somebody might have some bright ideas on this, I'm a bit stuck:

(I'm on Marketing & Sales Professional).

- I'm using Zapier to accomplish the following:

1. Create a new contact in Hubspot when a user completes my Outgrow Lead Capture 'Calculator'.  

2. Map the fields from the Outgrow form to custom hubspot properties.  

3. Create a new form submission for that contact in the contact's activity timeline.

In order to achieve step 3 I've built a very basic Hubspot form, which is not shared anywhere - it only exists so that Zapier knows which form it should submit from my Zap.

The basic HS form only includes the fields for the custom properties which match the Outgrow form fields. Every custom property is single or multi-line text type, and in testing, all fields are matching and receiving the correct value in hubspot via the Zap.

So far I have two separate problems:

1. I am not able to include all custom properties in the basic hubspot form, some are not appearing when I search, nor are they included in the Property Group I've created for all of these custom properties (where I know they live).

2. When a new form submission is created and included in the activity timeline for a contact, it says 'updated 4 properties' and shows only those properties, even though the Zapier integration successfully sets new values for 9 properties.

I'm a bit stuck now, hope my explanation makes enough sense for someone to have some bright ideas! Thanks in advance! 🙏

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Solución
Participante

resolver

I've solved my own problem so adding the solution in case it's helpful to anyone else.

The action I was telling Zapier to take was to 'create new contact' not 'create new or update existing'. Once I made that change and re-mapped the fields, I'm now seeing all of the 9 fields updating for existing contacts, and being set for the first time when the contact is new (i.e when no matching email address is found in Hubspot). I'm also seeing the form submission in the activity timeline, so looks like it's working.

To clarify, the Zap does this:
1. Listens for new leads in Outgrow.

2. Looks for existing contact in Hubspot by matching email address from Outgrow. Creates new contact or updates existing one. Then maps fields from Outgrow form submission to custom properties in Hubspot.

3. Creates Form Submission event in Hubspot contact activity timeline.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
Solución
Participante

resolver

I've solved my own problem so adding the solution in case it's helpful to anyone else.

The action I was telling Zapier to take was to 'create new contact' not 'create new or update existing'. Once I made that change and re-mapped the fields, I'm now seeing all of the 9 fields updating for existing contacts, and being set for the first time when the contact is new (i.e when no matching email address is found in Hubspot). I'm also seeing the form submission in the activity timeline, so looks like it's working.

To clarify, the Zap does this:
1. Listens for new leads in Outgrow.

2. Looks for existing contact in Hubspot by matching email address from Outgrow. Creates new contact or updates existing one. Then maps fields from Outgrow form submission to custom properties in Hubspot.

3. Creates Form Submission event in Hubspot contact activity timeline.

MiaSrebrnjak
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Thank you for sharing @00437👍

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Participante

resolver

UPDATE - I've solved problem number 1.

Several custom properties were not set to 'Use in forms and bots'. So that is fixed....

0 Me gusta