Marketing Integrations

sarajschonfeld
Participant

Event Management Integration

SOLVE

I want to have people register for my event utilizing my own HubSpot landing page and form. I then want to take those people and automatically push them to [INSERT EVENT TECHNOLOGY HERE] which will allow me to check people in onsite (either via a mobile or web app). This app then pushes the data back in to HubSpot so I can see who attended.

EventBrite only goes the other way (register on EB, push to HS). 

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @sarajschonfeld 

Thanks for tagging me @kvlschaefer.

The only event app I know off where this would be possible, to some extend, is GoToWebinar. Apart from Eventbrite I don't many other apps/tools to manage in-person events.

The one thing I would say, based on past experience of running in-person and virtual events as a marketing manager - think really hard about what job each tool is doing. HubSpot is great, but it is not an event management tool that handles registrations, cancellations, ticket limits, early bird offers, etc. out of the box. If you look at the business processes that take place, my preference is always to play to the strength of each tool, i.e. let Eventbrite handle registrations and get important data into HubSpot (or any other CRM) as and when needed. Real-time data is of course ideal, but maybe it's a enough to do a weekly export once a week (or daily if you get closer to the event).

Some questions to think about:

1. What's the main driver/thinking of running registrations via HubSpot forms and landing pages?
  2. Do you have a shortlist of event management apps , other than Eventbrite in mind?
  3. Have you checked if they are on the HubSpot Marketplace?
  4. If not, does the event management tool work with Zapier, a no-code way to exchange data between two SaaS platforms?
  5. And if so, what data can be exchanged between the two in what direction?

Once we get to point 4 and 5, we come into the area of "total cost of ownership" - what is costing you in Zapier subscription fees and time to get this setup vs running registrations via Eventbrite?

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sarajschonfeld 

I'm not sure of how you could push HubSpot form submissions into Eventbrite as new registrations - perhaps this would be possible via Eventbrite's API? https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/api

As an alternative could the following work?
You can set up a HubSpot landing page but perhaps instead of using a HubSpot form you can embed an Eventbrite registration into the HS page?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-sell-eventbrite-ticket...

So you're still using the Eventbrite integration which would allow the onsite checkin and also segmenting in HS who attended etc. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
everestmice

SOLVE

We understand your requirement for utilizing your own HubSpot landing page and form for event registration and then seamlessly integrating with [INSERT EVENT TECHNOLOGY HERE] for onsite check-in, with data flowing back into HubSpot for attendance tracking.

We're pleased to inform you that our event management solution offers precisely this functionality. By leveraging our platform, you can set up your event registration process using your HubSpot landing page and form. Once attendees register through HubSpot, their information can be automatically synchronized with [INSERT EVENT TECHNOLOGY HERE] for onsite check-in using either a mobile or web app.

Our system is designed to facilitate bidirectional data flow, ensuring that attendee data collected during onsite check-in is seamlessly pushed back into your HubSpot account. This integration enables you to have a comprehensive view of your event attendees and track attendance accurately, all within your HubSpot environment.

Please let us know if you'd like to explore our event management solution further or if you have any specific requirements or questions. We're here to help you create a seamless and efficient event experience from registration to onsite check-in and attendance tracking.

0 Upvotes
JKazarian
Contributor

SOLVE

Accelevents offers exactly what you described. They're also a Certified HubSpot Integration Partner and at the time of writing this, I believe the only HubSpot Certified Event Management partner.

When you connect Accelevents, you will see the option to create a registrant as a Workflow action in HubSpot. Once that person checks-in onsite, that data will instantly flow back to HubSpot.

You can track their check in status in a HubSpot Marketing Event record, in a Static List, or via a HubSpot TimeLine event activity.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for contributing to this thread @JKazarian, this is helpful information!  

Here's the link to the integration in our App Marketplace too in case anybody is looking for additional documentation: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/events/accelevents

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Jonno_Price
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sarajschonfeld 

I'm not sure of how you could push HubSpot form submissions into Eventbrite as new registrations - perhaps this would be possible via Eventbrite's API? https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/api

As an alternative could the following work?
You can set up a HubSpot landing page but perhaps instead of using a HubSpot form you can embed an Eventbrite registration into the HS page?

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-sell-eventbrite-ticket...

So you're still using the Eventbrite integration which would allow the onsite checkin and also segmenting in HS who attended etc. 

Hope that helps. 

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

sarajschonfeld
Participant

SOLVE

YES! This worked. Not as pretty as other solutions (Splash, CVENT) but for a startup who is trying to be money concious it's saving me upwards of $15K!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sarajschonfeld,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have suggestions regarding integrations.

Hi @franksteiner79@JenBergren@Jonno_Price - Do you have any tips for @sarajschonfeld?

Thank you!  

If you would like some tips on using HubSpot tools for event management, here are some tips from @karstenkoehler

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @sarajschonfeld 

Thanks for tagging me @kvlschaefer.

The only event app I know off where this would be possible, to some extend, is GoToWebinar. Apart from Eventbrite I don't many other apps/tools to manage in-person events.

The one thing I would say, based on past experience of running in-person and virtual events as a marketing manager - think really hard about what job each tool is doing. HubSpot is great, but it is not an event management tool that handles registrations, cancellations, ticket limits, early bird offers, etc. out of the box. If you look at the business processes that take place, my preference is always to play to the strength of each tool, i.e. let Eventbrite handle registrations and get important data into HubSpot (or any other CRM) as and when needed. Real-time data is of course ideal, but maybe it's a enough to do a weekly export once a week (or daily if you get closer to the event).

Some questions to think about:

1. What's the main driver/thinking of running registrations via HubSpot forms and landing pages?
  2. Do you have a shortlist of event management apps , other than Eventbrite in mind?
  3. Have you checked if they are on the HubSpot Marketplace?
  4. If not, does the event management tool work with Zapier, a no-code way to exchange data between two SaaS platforms?
  5. And if so, what data can be exchanged between the two in what direction?

Once we get to point 4 and 5, we come into the area of "total cost of ownership" - what is costing you in Zapier subscription fees and time to get this setup vs running registrations via Eventbrite?

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project