Marketing Integrations

mdwaseemtst123

Email to Salesforce is not getting sent using Additional BCC address in Hubspot Extentions for Email

SOLVE

Issue: Email to Salesforce is not getting sent using Additional BCC address in Hubspot Extentions for Email Integration.

I want email sent from Hubspot to be logged in Salesforce as well,

Option-1 ->Timeline sync--> Will not work (reason below)

First option was to create a Task in Timeline setting but this will not show up the images and html text and attachments in salesforce

Option-2 --> use Email integration in Hubspot to setup

Additional BCC address inHubspot extention

I did following step to achieve this 

1. Enabled the Email to salesforce

2. uncheck addition security in Salesforce

3. Went to my settings of salesforce and grabbed the Email to salesforce BCC email address of salesforce

4. added my gmail added in My Acceptable Email Addresses

5. In HUBSPOT I linked my same gmail account(which i added in salesforce in above step) to Hubspot connected email as Personal Inbox

6. IN HUBSPOT went to integration-> Email integration--> Hubspot extentions-->Extention setting--> addtional BCC addresses and added the sales bcc address here

But when I tested my email sent from hubspot is not logged in Salesforce

TO debug 

1. I manually  sent the email to a contact email adding bcc address as salesforce BCC address directly from my gmail which is working fine
and my email is getting attached to contact

2. In hubspot I added my another email address as bcc address and sen email to a contact,
which i check that another email, I received the email

Not sure where I am wrong and why the emails sent from hubspot are not logged in salesforce.

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Email to Salesforce is not getting sent using Additional BCC address in Hubspot Extentions for Email

SOLVE
The behaviors you've seen in the product are defaults, and not easily configured around. As you've seen, only the text of email appears on the Salesforce task created from the HubSpot email.

The easiest way to solve for this may be to make your Salesforce users who need to see the email HubSpot users, too. The HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page that you can add to lead and contact layouts allow users to click to be directed to the HubSpot contact. This is only possible if they're users in both systems. I realize that's not exactly what you're looking for, but it would be the quickest and closest resolution you could get.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @mdwaseemtst123. I'm not certain the email integration can be configured that way to send to your BCC-to-Salesforce address. You may need to try creating a HubSpot workflow that's triggered off the task create, then sends an email to Salesforce with the necessary details. (And if you do this, there's the potential to use a large number of API calls, depending on your volume.)

That's only if you're explicitly looking for email, though. With timeline sync, the connector creates tasks duplicating the HubSpot email or activity, as a Salesforce activity associated with the syncing lead or contact. Can you say more about what you're trying to capture in Salesforce?

0 Upvotes
mdwaseemtst123

SOLVE

Hi branmin, 

Good to see your reply, what I want is to have the content of email that was sent from hubspot to be seen by salesforce users, I only have one integration user common in salesforce and hubspot and other users in salesforce and hubspot are different.

The difficultly with timeline sync option is when creating it will sync the HTML and image content of email to salesforce, only text content of mail will be synced to salesforce. and moreover the attachment in the email is also not getting attached in salesforce activity related list.

I just tested few scenatious with timeline sync, I sent a mail with image content and attachments  to a contact in Hubspot which is also present in salesforce, then I observed that the image content and attahment are not shown in synced activity, only text content was synced

0 Upvotes
mdwaseemtst123

SOLVE

I want email sent from Hubspot to be logged in Salesforce as well,

Option-1 ->Timeline sync--> Will not work (reason below)

First option was to create a Task in Timeline setting but this will not show up the images and html text and attachments in salesforce

Option-2 --> use Email integration in Hubspot to setup

Additional BCC address inHubspot extention

I did following step to achieve this 

1. Enabled the Email to salesforce

2. uncheck addition security in Salesforce

3. Went to my settings of salesforce and grabbed the Email to salesforce BCC email address of salesforce

4. added my gmail added in My Acceptable Email Addresses

5. In HUBSPOT I linked my same gmail account(which i added in salesforce in above step) to Hubspot connected email as Personal Inbox

6. IN HUBSPOT went to integration-> Email integration--> Hubspot extentions-->Extention setting--> addtional BCC addresses and added the sales bcc address here

But when I tested my email sent from hubspot is not logged in Salesforce

TO debug 

1. I manually  sent the email to a contact email adding bcc address as salesforce BCC address directly from my gmail which is working fine
and my email is getting attached to contact

2. In hubspot I added my another email address as bcc address and sen email to a contact,
which i check that another email, I received the email

Not sure where I am wrong and why the emails sent from hubspot are not logged in salesforce.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
The behaviors you've seen in the product are defaults, and not easily configured around. As you've seen, only the text of email appears on the Salesforce task created from the HubSpot email.

The easiest way to solve for this may be to make your Salesforce users who need to see the email HubSpot users, too. The HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page that you can add to lead and contact layouts allow users to click to be directed to the HubSpot contact. This is only possible if they're users in both systems. I realize that's not exactly what you're looking for, but it would be the quickest and closest resolution you could get.