Marketing Integrations

robertsitalia
Contributor

Duplicate Leads Created in SFDC because of Process Builder

SOLVE

We recently implemented a process builder in SFDC that allows us to change lead ownership if an account already exists, and then perform a round robin if it does not. Unfortunately, when that process is active, data going into SFDC (just from Hubspot) gets duplicated. So for example, a contact submits a contact us form, hubspot will then create two lead records.

Any ideas on the issue?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
Okay, sounds like you're on the right track. Without creating records, the only way a duplicate would show up is if the integration user didn't have the ability to see the lead, after assignment. This would create a duplicate lead, and it sounds like the duplicate is something that's visible to HubSpot - otherwise, duplicates would continue to be created ad infinitum.

Make sure your lead sharing model is set up so that reassigned leads through Process Builder are assigned to users or queues, and that the integration user has the ability to see anyone it could be reassigned to. Without that visibility, as far as the integration is concerned, the connector thinks it just doesn't exist.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @robertsitalia. If you're saying this behavior only happens while Process Builder is active, it sounds like you're using it to create a new record, instead of updating the existing one. Is that an action in one of your steps? 

0 Upvotes
robertsitalia
Contributor

SOLVE

We are not creating records, but lead records flow into the process builder only when a lead is first created.

We made some strides though that might have fixed it (still evaluating...). There were sharing settings on the integration user limited which records hubspot could see (and then fully sync back into hubspot, as well as some permissions that we adjusted. So far off initial tests they seemed to fix the issue, but we're waiting for more legitimate form submissions to make sure.

bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE
Okay, sounds like you're on the right track. Without creating records, the only way a duplicate would show up is if the integration user didn't have the ability to see the lead, after assignment. This would create a duplicate lead, and it sounds like the duplicate is something that's visible to HubSpot - otherwise, duplicates would continue to be created ad infinitum.

Make sure your lead sharing model is set up so that reassigned leads through Process Builder are assigned to users or queues, and that the integration user has the ability to see anyone it could be reassigned to. Without that visibility, as far as the integration is concerned, the connector thinks it just doesn't exist.

0 Upvotes