Marketing Integrations

Dwebster27

Drip campaign for existing customers?

SOLVE

Hey Hubspot community,

Does anybody have any example workflows on a drip campaign aimed toward existing customers? My company sells many products, from CPG to multi thousand dollar events. In total, we determined we have 5 types of customers, ranked on $ spent.

My goal in this campaign is to move our customers from the lowest ranking value into the one above it via content specific email sequences, hoping that customers that bought CPG products would be led to the highest ranking customer stage where they could spend much more.

So far, I have developed custom contact properties to refect the rankings. I am creating the workflows now but am confused on how to start/end them. I haven't found much help on my Google efforts, which brings me here! If you have seen this before, I'd love to connect. Thank you for reading!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dwebster27,

Thank you for the context. For starters, I'd recommend to keep it simple. Don't try to accomplish a workflow logic that does it all and is a perfect representation of your ideal upselling process for all customer types. It's good to have your overall goal in mind but it can be difficult approaching workflow creation like this.

Generally, I'm not aware of any blueprints for this, at least none that I'd recommend, simply because businesses and requirements are so unique.

As a first step, I would pick an upselling path that seems intuitive; an upselling opportunity that is a particularly good fit to the previous purchase. Define the ideal email sequence. While doing that, keep in mind that a lot of contacts will usually drop out of such an email series over time. Don't make it too long, make sure to keep it relevant and helpful. One option might be, for example, to introduce their account manager, offer additional help and consultation and send the account manager's meeting link.

After designing one workflow, you have a pretty good idea of one puzzle piece. It would work on its own, you can gather data while it's doing its thing and you get a better understanding of how you want to proceed. You can now start thinking about hierarchies between your workflows. If customers might be eligible to enroll in multiple workflows at once, which should take priority? Map out this hierarchy and use the workflow settings tab or exclusion lists to make sure that customers are not experiencing two upselling email series at a time.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Dwebster27,

Thank you for the context. For starters, I'd recommend to keep it simple. Don't try to accomplish a workflow logic that does it all and is a perfect representation of your ideal upselling process for all customer types. It's good to have your overall goal in mind but it can be difficult approaching workflow creation like this.

Generally, I'm not aware of any blueprints for this, at least none that I'd recommend, simply because businesses and requirements are so unique.

As a first step, I would pick an upselling path that seems intuitive; an upselling opportunity that is a particularly good fit to the previous purchase. Define the ideal email sequence. While doing that, keep in mind that a lot of contacts will usually drop out of such an email series over time. Don't make it too long, make sure to keep it relevant and helpful. One option might be, for example, to introduce their account manager, offer additional help and consultation and send the account manager's meeting link.

After designing one workflow, you have a pretty good idea of one puzzle piece. It would work on its own, you can gather data while it's doing its thing and you get a better understanding of how you want to proceed. You can now start thinking about hierarchies between your workflows. If customers might be eligible to enroll in multiple workflows at once, which should take priority? Map out this hierarchy and use the workflow settings tab or exclusion lists to make sure that customers are not experiencing two upselling email series at a time.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.