Marketing Integrations

Jonathanjj

Does Hubspot send event data back to ad-providers (FB + Google Ads)?

SOLVE

Hey there, 

So I've been charged with setting up the analytics in Hubspot, and I'm wondering if i'm overcomplicating things. 

We run Facebook ads as well as Google ads, and I'd like to track this within Hubspot. Now I believe the native integration between them will allow us to do this. However, let's say a user clicks an ad on Facebook, goes to a Hubspot landing page and fills in the form submission - is this event send back to Facebook (So we can track CPAs in FB but also to allow their alogirhtm to optimise around on-page conversions). Likewise with Google ads? 

I was going to setup Google Tag Manager to trigger the Facebook Event Tag and Google Event tags (GA events) but just want to know if I'm overcomplicating it and the native integration does this already. 

On a side note - can we also setup custom tracking within Hubspot, so for example, tracking video-events to then retarget these people in Google ads? Or is that necessary then to setup GTM? 

Thank you so much! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
trevordjones
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jonathanjj,

You should definitely add the Facebook Pixel to your website, and Google Tag Manager is exactly the way I would do it.  The same applies for any ad platforms you are using.  For example, in my Google Tag Manager instance I have:

Ad Words Remarketing

Conversion Linker

Facebook Pixel

Google Analytics

LinkedIN Insight

and HubSpot, because we are hosted on WordPress  and I do not use the plugin.

Good Luck!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jonathanjj,

You should definitely add the Facebook Pixel to your website, and Google Tag Manager is exactly the way I would do it.  The same applies for any ad platforms you are using.  For example, in my Google Tag Manager instance I have:

Ad Words Remarketing

Conversion Linker

Facebook Pixel

Google Analytics

LinkedIN Insight

and HubSpot, because we are hosted on WordPress  and I do not use the plugin.

Good Luck!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

0 Upvotes