Custom Property with 'Hubspot User' Field Type not syncing with SalesForce User

New Contributor

Hi there, 

In SalesForce, our clients have a primary Account Owner, and a now a new secondary owner, their Client Success Manager. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.22.55 AM.png

The Account Owner property has always synced just fine with our Company Owner property in Hubspot:

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.38.41 AM.png

Now we have a new secondary owner, I've created a custom company property in Hubspot for Client Success Manager and assigned the field type as 'Hubspot User'. As far as I can tell, the mapping is the same from SF to Hubspot for the regular Account Owner Field, but for some reason the mapping results in an error.

How can I map a salesforce user field to a Hubspot user field in husbpot? 

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 9.18.00 AM.png

Ultimately, I would like to be able to send emails from this secondary owner property. 

Please let me know if there's a way to do this, or just fix the sync. 

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Ruscoe,

HubSpot user property types are not eligible for sync via the integration.

As a work around, you can create a new property that is a dropdown select or radio select, as these sync with reference fields. You can then use a workflow to copy Sales Owner values to the new property. Then you can add a mapping between the new property and the reference field in SFDC in order to sync those property values over.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes