Marketing Integrations

EvelynC
Participant

Contacts Creation via HubSpot Meeting Scheduler

SOLVE

We just onboarded Sales Hub Enterprise in addition to our Marketing Hub, and we'll be using the meeting scheduler. I read on the software page that when a new propect schedules a meeting, a contact record will be automatically created in HubSpot.

How can I identify the contacts that are created via the HubSpot meeting schduling tool? I need to manage their marketing contact status and update the lead source in bulk. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @EvelynC, welcome aboard, and great question!

HubSpot treats booked meetings like form submissions, so you can create an active list of contacts who have converted on your links. Here's how that looks:

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.25.27 PM.png

You just need to use the "Forms" filter and find the HubSpot Meetings link(s) that you want to track.

If you're looking specifically for contacts who created through a HubSpot Meetings link, you can use the "First conversion" contact property. You can either set it to:

1. "First conversion" contains "Meetings link:" — this will pull in contacts created from any Meetings link
  2. Or "First conversion" is equal to any of Meetings link: [specific Meetings link name]" — this will let you identify the contacts originally created by the Meetings links that you designate

HubSpot also has a bunch of helpful default properties around Meetings link sources that could help you update your lead source:

• Source of last booking in meetings tool
  • Medium of last booking in meetings tool (if you're using UTMs)
  • Campaign of last booking in meetings tool (if you're using UTMs)

As for managing their marketing contact status, I believe that all contacts created through a HubSpot Meetings link are automatically set as marketing contacts (I couldn't find documentation on this particular setting though). If you don't want them to be set as marketing contacts, you could create a workflow triggered by a submission on any/all Meetings links that updates their status to "non-marketing," though contacts who come through the Meetings links are typically good candidates for automated marketing email nurturing.

Hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any other questions as you're getting set up in HubSpot!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @EvelynC, welcome aboard, and great question!

HubSpot treats booked meetings like form submissions, so you can create an active list of contacts who have converted on your links. Here's how that looks:

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.25.27 PM.png

You just need to use the "Forms" filter and find the HubSpot Meetings link(s) that you want to track.

If you're looking specifically for contacts who created through a HubSpot Meetings link, you can use the "First conversion" contact property. You can either set it to:

1. "First conversion" contains "Meetings link:" — this will pull in contacts created from any Meetings link
  2. Or "First conversion" is equal to any of Meetings link: [specific Meetings link name]" — this will let you identify the contacts originally created by the Meetings links that you designate

HubSpot also has a bunch of helpful default properties around Meetings link sources that could help you update your lead source:

• Source of last booking in meetings tool
  • Medium of last booking in meetings tool (if you're using UTMs)
  • Campaign of last booking in meetings tool (if you're using UTMs)

As for managing their marketing contact status, I believe that all contacts created through a HubSpot Meetings link are automatically set as marketing contacts (I couldn't find documentation on this particular setting though). If you don't want them to be set as marketing contacts, you could create a workflow triggered by a submission on any/all Meetings links that updates their status to "non-marketing," though contacts who come through the Meetings links are typically good candidates for automated marketing email nurturing.

Hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any other questions as you're getting set up in HubSpot!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
EFlores_Paula
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Evelyn,

The contact does get created and the information gets registered in the following two HubSpot Fields:

Original source drill-down 1

Latest Source Drill-Down 1

If you create a filter with the URL of your meeting link under one of those fields, you'll see which contacts got created through it. You can use that in Views, Reporting, etc. See screenshots below.

Feel free to reach out if you need more help.

EFlores_Paula_0-1673302971151.png

EFlores_Paula_1-1673303014826.png

EvelynC
Participant

SOLVE

This is helpful, thank you!!

jolle

SOLVE