Marketing Integrations

justinlew

Collect more contact information via form through mailchimp

SOLVE

Hi, 

I am currently collecting requests to join a product waitlist via my website. 

step1: Typeform on website
step 2: Typeform creates/updates contact in hubspot and mailchimp (tagged as waitlist)
step 3: I then want to send the new waitlist contact a welcome email (via mailchimp_ with a form to collect more information (and store it in hubspot) to help qualify the lead

What's the best way to go about this?
3.1 Set up automation in mailchimp to send welcome email to contacts tagged "waitlist"
3.2 Include in welcome email a form with the info I need. Where is the best place to create this form? In mailchimp, hubspot or somewhere else?
3.3 How do I then get the data back to hubspot against the corresponding contact? 

I'm comfortable with step 3.1, but I don't know what's the easiest in terms of 3.2 and 3.3? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @justinlew,

Thanks for reaching out! That's very exciting to have a waitlist for a new product launch!

Regarding 3.2: "Where is the best place to create this form? In mailchimp, hubspot or somewhere else?"

My first thought would be to keep your technical debt low and create a standard HubSpot From, which you could link to directly from the MailChimp email via URL. This will inherently sync the data into HubSpot for the corresponding contacts when filled out. This, however, would not re-sync the list to MailChimp (as pop-up forms or non-HubSpot forms are our options for this). However, from what I understand of your use case, this may not matter at this point, as we have moved the contact into HubSpot for the Sales/Marketing process. 

Happy to discuss this further here! Please feel free to DM me and we can look at building a Form together!

Best,

Brendan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
EGreene9

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
EGreene9

SOLVE

Hi my name is Eian Greene and im wondering if you found a solution and would you like to share.

0 Upvotes
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @justinlew,

Thanks for reaching out! That's very exciting to have a waitlist for a new product launch!

Regarding 3.2: "Where is the best place to create this form? In mailchimp, hubspot or somewhere else?"

My first thought would be to keep your technical debt low and create a standard HubSpot From, which you could link to directly from the MailChimp email via URL. This will inherently sync the data into HubSpot for the corresponding contacts when filled out. This, however, would not re-sync the list to MailChimp (as pop-up forms or non-HubSpot forms are our options for this). However, from what I understand of your use case, this may not matter at this point, as we have moved the contact into HubSpot for the Sales/Marketing process. 

Happy to discuss this further here! Please feel free to DM me and we can look at building a Form together!

Best,

Brendan

justinlew

SOLVE

Hi, I managed to figure it out and did end up going down the hubspot forms route. I used a prefilled email field to ensure the form was matched to the contact in hubspot. a zap is then updating the tag back in mailchimp.

Thanks

bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @justinlew,

Thanks for the update! Glad you figured it out! Using a prefilled email field to ensure the form is matched to the contact in Hubspot is a great call.

Best,

Brendan