Marketing Integrations

CGordon
Participante

Chat widget was working but now is not working

resolver

I followed every instruction, clicked every 'next' button and all 'save' buttons to set up the chat flow, and had it working - sending, receiving, data being recorded in contacts, and transcripts being emailed. I was impressed by a very professional addition to my site.

Today, without touching anything, magically it doesn't work anymore. 

I was advised by chat support to add a tracking code. Why would I do this if I didn't add tracking in the first instance when the widget was already working?

Here's my settings: https://www.loom.com/share/93cd4b0ea00d4f6b84852baf39a3539b

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @CGordon,

Are you using the HubSpot CMS? In that case, the tracking code is not needed, it is automatically installed. If you're working with a third party system (e.g. WordPress), you have to install it. In that case, it would indeed be mysterious why it was working for some time. (It shouldn't have.)

Identifying the cause can be tedious, the best way would be to work through this troubleshooting article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/chat-widget-is-not-appearing-on-your-pages

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

5 Respostas 5
GeorgeBThomas
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

I too am wondering, HubSpot CMS, WordPress? If WordPress and you installed the HubSpot app, that automatically adds the tracking code. If someone then turned off the plugin, the tracking code would be broken and chat would stop.

I'm all ears for more info.

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
CGordon
Participante

resolver

Yes, George, It's a WordPress site and that's exactly what I did. Installed the WordPress plugin, then turned it off and forgot that I'd turned it off.

Human error! - never fails 🙂 Thanks for responding.

GeorgeBThomas

resolver

@CGordon,

Happens to the best of us! That's exactly why I answered the way I did, been there done that! đŸ€Šâ€

Have a great time doing some Happy HubSpotting!

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @CGordon,

Are you using the HubSpot CMS? In that case, the tracking code is not needed, it is automatically installed. If you're working with a third party system (e.g. WordPress), you have to install it. In that case, it would indeed be mysterious why it was working for some time. (It shouldn't have.)

Identifying the cause can be tedious, the best way would be to work through this troubleshooting article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/chat-widget-is-not-appearing-on-your-pages

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CGordon
Participante

resolver

Thanks for your advice Karsten, This was my fault, the chat widget wasn't working because I turned the plugin off to troubleshoot another issue and forgot that I'd turned it off. It's working now.