Marketing Integrations

MaayanSel
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Changing the default mapping in the SalesForce integration

SOLVE

Hey, 

When I originally set up the SF integration for my client they didn't have separate fields for first and last name on SF so the field first name on HS was mapped to Title (Mr., Ms.) on SF. Since then, they've added a first name field but I can't change the mapping because it's part of the default. What can I do? Will disconnecting and reconnecting work? 

I haven't gotten a solution for HS and I have to solve this. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The default mappings shouldn't go away - The firstname/lastname mappings should still be intact. In the extremely remote chance that's the issue, there won't be anything you'll be able to do on your side; HubSpot Support will need to resolve with the product team. 

If instead, you're saying you created custom mappings which duplicated where any of the name information went, just remove any dupilcated mappings, and resync impacted records. 

EDIT: If you need the data to go to someplace else other than the default mapping, then leave the duplicated mapping intact, and make sure it's pointing to the desired Salesforce field, instead of whatever's in the default mapping.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only thing that's different about that mapping is that the name of the Salesforce field has been changed. 

The API name, "firstname", is the Salesforce field it's pointing to. That firstname<->firstname mapping is the default. 

However, it's pulling in the label from the field in Salesforce. I don't know why someone changed the label of the First Name field in Salesforce to Title, but that's what's happened. Relabel the field in Salesforce, then refresh the mapping in HubSpot. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The default mappings shouldn't go away - The firstname/lastname mappings should still be intact. In the extremely remote chance that's the issue, there won't be anything you'll be able to do on your side; HubSpot Support will need to resolve with the product team. 

If instead, you're saying you created custom mappings which duplicated where any of the name information went, just remove any dupilcated mappings, and resync impacted records. 

EDIT: If you need the data to go to someplace else other than the default mapping, then leave the duplicated mapping intact, and make sure it's pointing to the desired Salesforce field, instead of whatever's in the default mapping.

0 Upvotes
MaayanSel

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply. 

Right now the first name is mapping to the wrong field (title) by default and I want it to map to first name. I don't have a duplicate field and also it won't let me create one for first name even if I wanted to. 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Can you take a screen shot of how the standard mapping appears right now? There shouldn't be a way to edit the original mapping to point to a different HubSpot property or Salesforce field than the defaults. 

0 Upvotes
MaayanSel

SOLVE

Capture.PNG

Yes, I can't change this mapping. But also it won't let me set up new mapping for first name. 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The only thing that's different about that mapping is that the name of the Salesforce field has been changed. 

The API name, "firstname", is the Salesforce field it's pointing to. That firstname<->firstname mapping is the default. 

However, it's pulling in the label from the field in Salesforce. I don't know why someone changed the label of the First Name field in Salesforce to Title, but that's what's happened. Relabel the field in Salesforce, then refresh the mapping in HubSpot. 

MaayanSel

SOLVE

Really???? ONG if this is it I'll be the most grateful person on earth! 

WIll try thank!!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

See this Salesforce community article for instructions on how to change standard field labels. You won't be able to do this from editing the field itself; you have to go to the "Rename Tabs and Labels" menu option in Setup in Salesforce Classic. 

(This menu option is NOT in the Setup menu in Salesforce Lightning, only Classic.)

Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@bradmin can you help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency