Capturing Hubspot campaign data in Salesforce

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

hi all, hoping for some help with capturing lead source in SF.

In HS this is one of my lead sources "Organic Demos"

I've created a SF campaign with that name but its not populating any data ( theres data in the HS camapign). I've set the SF start date to the correct date and set the campaign to in progress. 

Not much experience with campaigns so running into a wall early on Smiley Sad

any help appreciated 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @keithplunkett. As a general rule, if you can put it in a property, you can map it to Salesforce. The issue here is that HubSpot campaigns don't have any native contact or company properties you can map to Salesforce this way. 

Salesforce and HubSpot campaigns aren't really compatible. HubSpot campaigns measure the email and website activity around marketing collateral, where Salesforce campaigns are more designed to measure closed-loop ROI around the opportunities associated with those Salesforce campaigns. The only thing HubSpot and Salesforce campaigns really share is a name.

There's a sort of workaround available, but it's not great. You could create a Salesforce report on tasks, with filters representing subject lines common to email in the campaign you're looking for. (You'll need to include filters for the sent subject line, as well as one for the open and one for the click.) You could then summarize by the lead/contact those tasks are associated with, and use Salesforce report formula fields to calculate what percentage of Salesforce campaign members are opening or clicking HubSpot campaign email. 

That's a lot more trouble than it's worth. In general, you may want to try simply mapping analytic properties from HubSpot (HubSpot Original Source and/or its drilldowns), page views and visits and the like, and tie those HubSpot metrics to reports on Salesforce campaign members.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

thanks @bradmin 

this is pretty much what i want to do. In general, you may want to try simply mapping analytic properties from HubSpot (HubSpot Original Source and/or its drilldowns), page views and visits and the like, and tie those HubSpot metrics to reports on Salesforce campaign members.

Each contact creation in HS creates one in SF, all i want to do is be able to report on source  in salesforce. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

Try mapping over HubSpot Original Source, and both of its drill-downs. The drill-downs 1 and 2 are text values based on the HubSpot Original Source value (which is a picklist). None of these can be set by Salesforce, only HubSpot has a value.

The drill-downs can sometimes include useful information (an Original Source of PAID_SEARCH will return the search terms in its drill-downs). I'm not familiar with the kinds of drill-down values associated with a campaigns original source, but you may want to end up building helper formula fields in SF - something like a checkbox that allows you to determine if they're part of key campaigns, or had desired search terms. This may help with the kind of analysis you're looking to do. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks @bradmin 

I'm trying to create a workflow in HS. I was looking at this thread

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Marketing-Integrations/Campaigns-in-Salesforce/td-p/32397

so I've now got the SF campaigns appearking in the workflow on HS , so all good from me.

Again thank you for your help!

Keith