Marketing Integrations

LeKevoid
Colaborador

Can you send an event to Google Analytics from a Form or Workflow ?

We want to send an Event ping to our Google Analytics whenever somebody fills out a certain form (in the current case, a book-a-meeting one). The Analytics Amplifier integration is not suitable for our needs.

I tried creating a webhook triggered in a Workflow, which looks like this :

https://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&tid=UA-123456-7&cid=random_string&t=event&ec=Hubspot&ea=Book-a-...

The hook fails and I get the following error response :

413. That’s an error.
Your client issued a request that was too large. That’s all we know.

Is there another way to send an event to Google Analytics ? My book-a-meeting form is on a separate landing page so I don't know that I can embed the Analytics tracking script on it.

Does anyone have experience with that ?

Thank you !

3 Respuestas 3
codeandtonichq
Colaborador

Is there another way to send an event to Google Analytics ?

Yes.

We can listen the form for "messages" with javascript and if we get a onFormSubmitted event, then send it to Google Analytics as an eveng. This blog post Track Hubspot forms with Google analytics. No Google Tag Manager! has a code snippet and a video. 

However, you must be able to add a code snippet on your landing page for Google Analytics, the tracking script (or Google Tag Manager if you're pro) and the form.

0 Me gusta
Danylo
Miembro

If you're about to track offline sales and/or offline conversions in GA, the CID field is by far not a single one you need to track to bypass GA filter as well as to send a proper GEO of a user, not a server. We use our own developement - GTM tag to track all the needed dats and inject them as a hidden Non HubSpot form fields, that can still be tracked by HubSpot. The rest is done by a connector (Zapier dosn't do this preperly).

0 Me gusta
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Hello @LeKevoid,

I will be tagging some top experts on this conversation @Simplii , @Joe-Kelp @IsaacTakushi, would you be able to share your thoughts with @LeKevoid?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta