Marketing Integrations

Agata
Participant

Can formula fields in Salesforce sync back to a property type in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hello Community,

I am looking into Salesforce - HubSpot integration and I have seen that different field/properties types sync between these systems, but I haven't found any information about formula / calculated fields...Can formula fields in Salesforce sync back to a property type in HubSpot? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Agata. Everything from that old post still holds up, and formula fields - whether calculated, or roll-up summaries - will sync, as long as you map them. Any data type in Salesforce, except custom metadata types, are able to be synced to HubSpot.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alexgendes
Participant

SOLVE

Yes! following up here, can someone confirm which Hubspot field type I should use for a successful field mapping between HS and an SFDC formula field?

0 Upvotes
TimKlimasewski
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Andrea and Alex. Stumbled across this today when I synced a salesforce formula field to a HubSpot property. Know that salesforce formula fields still have a "field type". I had a formula returning a number. Then I had no issue syncing it to a HubSpot number property. Hope that helps, Tim

TimKlimasewski_0-1637788410045.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Agata,

I wanted to share this thread with insight from subject matter @bradmin regarding this question.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @Agata. Everything from that old post still holds up, and formula fields - whether calculated, or roll-up summaries - will sync, as long as you map them. Any data type in Salesforce, except custom metadata types, are able to be synced to HubSpot.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
rinkjuliane
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin , quick follow up question. What isnt clear to me is how I would map such a formula field, like what is the equivalent in HubSpot? Bcs for all the other properties there is an option:

rinkjuliane_0-1615395175154.png

I have such a formular field 'last modified' and its a combination out of letters (name of the employee) and a date. so what would I put as a mapping counterpart? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
andreaags
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there -- were you ever able to resolve this? I'm not sure how to map out formula fields either...