Marketing Integrations

Gueterk
Mitglied

Can I track MailChimp clicks without pushing my contacts from HubSpot to MailChimp?

lösung

Before I install the integration, I wanted to check with the community to learn if it's the right solution to our requirements:

We do not want contacts to automatically move from HubSpot to MailChimp. Instead we want to always export a subset of contacts from HubSpot and import them to MailChimp, then when we send an email to this subset we want to their track email activity in their contact record on HubSpot. Is this possible with the HS>MailChimp integration? Thanks.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Gueterk
Lösung
Mitglied

Can I track MailChimp clicks without pushing my contacts from HubSpot to MailChimp?

lösung

Thanks everyone. This is a peculiar situation in that I only want one-way syncronization and that is from MailChimp to HubSpot. I appreciate your patience and your suggested solutions but all seem to reiterate the information that I am questioning. Late last week I set up a dummy MailChimp account with a couple of subscribers in it, installed and connected a 3d party MC integration, turned on the MailChimp email service provider switch.

I will close this post and take my investigation off line. Thank you again for your suggestions and advice.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

6 Antworten
andrus
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

@Gueterk We've developed a 3rd party app connector (Outfunnel) that connects HubSpot and MailChimp in exactly this way. You can:

• Define which Active or Static lists are synced from HS to MC, and into which Audience. Supports mapping most field types. 
  • When people get added to /removed from an Active list in HS, this is reflected in MC
  • Email engagement (opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes, etc) is synced back to HubSpot.
    Learn more about Outfunnel's HS-MC integration here 
Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
0 Upvotes
Gueterk
Lösung
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks everyone. This is a peculiar situation in that I only want one-way syncronization and that is from MailChimp to HubSpot. I appreciate your patience and your suggested solutions but all seem to reiterate the information that I am questioning. Late last week I set up a dummy MailChimp account with a couple of subscribers in it, installed and connected a 3d party MC integration, turned on the MailChimp email service provider switch.

I will close this post and take my investigation off line. Thank you again for your suggestions and advice.

bsheen
HubSpot-Moderator/-in
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

lösung

Thanks for the update, @Gueterk !

Best,

Brendan

0 Upvotes
webdew
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @Gueterk ,

Just to confirm, you are hoping to only sync across a few contacts? 

If yes, then take a look here.

webdew_0-1626437257866.png

By reading the next question, I took a look and found that you can set up a contact sync which will only allow certain HubSpot lists to be synced across - and not all contacts.

You are able to filter within HubSpot such that only some contacts are synced 🙂

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

bsheen
HubSpot-Moderator/-in
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

lösung

Hi @Gueterk,

Thanks for reaching out!

Looking at the Knowledge Base article Use HubSpot's integration with MailChimp, it does not seem the integration would apply to the use case here. The MailChimp integration will add contacts who submit your pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms to your Mailchimp lists. HubSpot will not retroactively add contacts to a Mailchimp list who submitted your pop-up form or non-HubSpot form before you connected your Mailchimp account and customized the form.

It seems we do not have direct control of which contacts will be added to MailChimp lists, but all contacts that fill out selected pop-up forms and non-HubSpot forms once the integration is connected will be added.

Brainstorming here: A permission pass campaign is a one-time email campaign that requests any contacts who haven’t already used some form of double opt-in to confirm that they would still like to receive emails from you. Could we create a custom permission pass campaign, which included a link to a pop-up or non-HubSpot form as the confirmation, to request permission to add certain HubSpot contacts to MailChimp lists? Could we create separate permission pass campaigns (linked to separate pop-up/non-HubSpot forms) to segment the contacts into specific lists? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Best,
Brendan
Gueterk
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the idea. I'm not sure I have wrapped my brain around it yet because I'm still stuck on the requirement of "turning off" the automatic pushing of contacts to MailChimp lists. I do not want to add Hubspot contacts automatically to MailChimp lists (it's a budgetary issue).

I understand that the integration cannot go backwards, meaning that only new form submitters will be tracked once the Integration is installed. But, can I disable the automatic pushing to MailChimp and still get the email activity from MailChimp sent back to HubSpot once the integration is installed?

We are currently using non-HubSpot forms that are successfully adding contacts who submit these forms to HubSpot. Then we export a subset of these contacts and send emails to them via MailChimp.

0 Upvotes