Marketing Integrations

BalajiCh

Can I schedule a HubSpot to Salesforce sync?

SOLVE

Hi,

I am newbie to HubSpot and have a requirement to integrate HubSpot with Salesforce which I have done successfully. The syncing is effective and triggers on various actions and/or events.

But, can we schedule the sync ? Like, I want the sync to be done for every two hours or something like that. Is that possible with Integrations in HubSpot ?

Theanks & Best Regards,

BALAJI

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@RizzieCH, syncs occur when changes to mapped properties happen (or, if you have activities like form submits or email sends/opens/clicks configured to sync). In the use case you described, it sounds like the company property may not be mapped to Salesforce. If that's the case, complete the mapping, then resync the specific company (or resync all companies which have that property, if the API calls are available).

If the company property was already mapped, contact HubSpot Support to have them take a closer look.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
relabidin
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @BalajiCh,

It is not possible to schedule syncs between HubSpot and Salesforce. 

When there is a change to a contact that makes them eligible to sync, the contact and all others eligible contacts are queued up to sync. Approximately every 15 minutes this queue of contacts who are eligible to sync are synced over to Salesforce in batches. Accordingly, the HubSpot Salesforce integration is already on a sync schedule of its own. When a contact is updated it will trigger a sync to Salesforce, which occurs about every 15 minutes. The link I shared above discusses this in more detail as well as the specific actions that cause a contact to be eligible to sync.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
RizzieCH

SOLVE

@relabidin wrote:

When a contact is updated it will trigger a sync to Salesforce, which occurs about every 15 minutes. 

Sorry to hijack this thread a little but I was wondering how often does a Company get synced? 

I ran a workflow which included a step to update one contact property and one company property. The former showed up in Salesforce within a couple of minutes but it's been almost an hour now and the company property has yet to sync to the Salesforce account.

I looked into the Salesforce Sync section within the Company inside Hubspot and verified that the last sync for the company in question was prior to the workflow step being executed - and I can even see that I have a manual option to re-sync the company.

What I would like to know however is how long it would take before this sync occurred automatically?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@RizzieCH, syncs occur when changes to mapped properties happen (or, if you have activities like form submits or email sends/opens/clicks configured to sync). In the use case you described, it sounds like the company property may not be mapped to Salesforce. If that's the case, complete the mapping, then resync the specific company (or resync all companies which have that property, if the API calls are available).

If the company property was already mapped, contact HubSpot Support to have them take a closer look.

RizzieCH

SOLVE

@bradmin - thank you. You really helped me to understand the sync process.

I just checked and the mapping is good - the company has also now been synced though it seems it took almost 24 hours. So I think it may have something to do with the API calls (we're just getting set up so probably using more than normal).

I will be speaking to Hubspot support just to make sure.

Thanks again for the guidance.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Glad that helped. To set expectations going forward, when mapped properties or synced activities occur in HubSpot, the changes happen pretty quickly - usually within a minute or two. If you have an inclusion list set up in HubSpot, it could take a couple of minutes more to first get added to the list, then sync.

On the Salesforce side, there's a job which runs about every 15 minutes, then will sync all possible changes to HubSpot. 

There won't be any way to change those sync frequencies, so set expectations properly with the team. 

0 Upvotes