Can A New Lead In Salesforce Be Created Each Time Hubspot Form is Completed?

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are using Hubspot form for a “request a quote form” on our website and we are syncing with Salesforce so that a new lead is created in Salesforce when the form is filled out.

However, our business is such that the same person may come back to us and make a new request for quote, even if they have an existing deal or opportunity. The new request would be separate independent deal or opportunity (meaning we could win one and lose the other).

Ideally we would like to create a new lead in salesforce every time the form is filled out. We can merge the contact when the lead converts to avoid duplicates. Before migrating to Hubspot we had previously used a work around in Salesforce using custom web to lead forms to enable a new lead to be created each time the form was completed. Is such a work around possible with a Hubspot from?

Creating a new deal or managing this through email notifications would not work as we would need to retrain a large team and create new visual management around a new process. Our goal is to have a new lead in Salesforce every time the form is filled. We are seeing roughly ~20 requests per week that are from leads/contacts already in the system.

Thanks in advance, any ideas or suggestions would be more than welcome!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @hsdyn. Short answer is no - the HubSpot contact uses email as the unique identifier, so a HubSpot contact syncs to one and only one Salesforce lead or contact with an exactly-matching email. [NOTE: Editing a Salesforce lead or contact with a duplicate email changes the association to the HubSpot contact.]

This is a painful use case for the connector. The best you'd be able to do in HubSpot is use a workflow to fire off notifications when a repeat submission is recorded, but that only helps in terms of visibility. As you say, this is not desirable.

On the Salesforce side, you may have more luck building something actionable with Flow Builder. The repeat form submission is going to write itself as a task in Salesforce with the naming convention "Submitted Form: [HubSpot form name]". If you're able to identify when the multiple hits a lead or contact, you could write Flow automation to create a duplicate record, and set any necessary field values (alternately, linking the duplicate to the original). 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion @bradmin, the Salelsforce approach might work, will explore this a little more.

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

Good luck to you, and if you are successful, you'll want to store their email in a custom field with an email or text data type. Editing a duplicate email in Salesforce changes the association on the HubSpot contact, although that only applies on the standard Email field, and ignores email addresses stored in other standard or custom fields.  

For a solution like this to be as minimally disruptive as possible, if you have to keep the email on a duplicate lead, store it outside of the default Email field. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Occasional Contributor

Hi @hsdyn , 

We're also struggling with the same problem. I was wondering if creating a Salesforce workflow as @bradmin  suggested solved this problem. 

0 Upvotes