Marketing Integrations

SalesforceScott
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hello!

So for Hubspot and Salesforce, I want to ensure that my lead creation is associated with a campaign in Salesforce. If I upload a lead list, how can I automatically relate those to an existing Salesforce campaign? For example, I receive a several lists of leads from people that signed up at our booths at an event. How can I assosicate those in Salesforce with a campaign created for that event?

Thanks,

Scott

2 Accepted solutions
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi, @SalesforceScott. Depending on how often you need to do this, it may be easier to start in Salesforce. 

HubSpot workflows will allow you to set Salesforce campaign membership with a campaign member status. This is the only place in-app you'll be able to set both of these values. While you wouldn't be able to do this explicitly in just a list import - you'd have to import the list, then build a workflow to act on all contacts in that list. If this is something you need to do on a semi-periodic or ongoing basis, you can set up the HubSpot workflow to fire, based on specific data you import. 

If a record is already syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce, then any new campaign enrollment on the Salesforce side syncs back to HubSpot. (However, only the campaign IDs are stored in a HubSpot property. No HubSpot property will house the campaign member status value on any associated Salesforce campaign.)

Depending on your use case, it may be easier to do the campaign association directly within Salesforce, rather than the import-and-run-them-through-a-workflow steps in HS.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

@mjacobson18, campaigns are only visible in HubSpot if they're marked as Active in Salesforce. Ensure the campaign in question has that checkbox selected, then refresh in HubSpot. 

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25
ahmadraza

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

How can I find In-app where the HS campaign is connected with SF? I need to find the connection. anyone can help where I can find and edit this? Currently, my salesforce campaigns are connected with Hubspot 

0 Upvotes
jhcrowe

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

I've always created my campaigns - and specifically the offline tradeshow campaigns in Salesforce and associated there.

bradmin
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Yeah, campaign member association in either Salesforce or HubSpot will work just fine; it's a matter of what's the easiest to set up and maintain. 

Are your Salesforce campaigns more ad-hoc? It might be easier to use the campaign member interface in Salesforce, or even using workflow rules/Process Builder automation/flows situationally. Do you want your campaign enrollment to be triggered by actions specifically taken within the HubSpot platform, or from marketing automation actions? It may be easier building a workflow in HubSpot which handles the enrollment for you. 

Think about the use case, whether this is something which would need to be ongoing versus one-time, and handle the assignments accordingly. 

0 Upvotes
dbhoward
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Is there a way to create the campaign in SFDC, from a HubSpot workflow? And create the list of member statuses?

What's been described prior requires someone in Salesforce to create the campaign and member statuses in advance.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi,. @dbhoward. No in-app option will allow new Salesforce campaigns to be created from HubSpot. All choices are configured to enroll HubSpot contacts into existing campaigns, with existing campaign member statuses. 

It's possible there are custom development actions which can do this, but nothing native in HubSpot will create a new Salesforce campaign. HubSpot needs the existing campaign ID so it knows where to write to in Salesforce. 

DLuisier

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi Brad - Do you have directions on how to set up this sync? If a contact becomes a lead in Hubspot, what is the process around having that push into Salesforce and get tagged to that campaign in SFDC? @bradmin 

0 Upvotes
dbhoward
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Thanks for confirming.

This has been my long-standing complaint about HubSpot, versus Marketo.

With Marketo, their 'programs' directly map to HubSpot campaigns, and creation of a Marketo Program auto-magically creates a corresponding campaign in Salesforce.

I've been soap-boxing about this for years, and I've raised it with Hubspot several times over the years.

I'm surprised and alarmed that Hubspot hasn't built this function into the SFDC connector yet.

bradmin
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Yeah, I get it. It's not as flexible.

Marketo's built to work in Salesforce's ecosystem. You have a nearly unlimited schema with Salesforce. With HubSpot, it's just a handful of objects. Making the limited nature of HubSpot's objects play nice with every possible customization can be a tough endeavor. 

HubSpot barely has a parent/child relationship; writing to the hierarchical and junction objects of campaigns and campaign members can be a tough go. 

Making something as limited as the HubSpot schema work with Salesforce often involves a lot of Salesforce-side manipulation, just because Salesforce is structured in a more complex way HubSpot isn't (and probably won't ever be).

0 Upvotes
aschurr

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi, @bradmin - I have a related challenge that I hope you may be able to help me with. It's sort of a two-fold challenge.

I'm looking to do campaign attribution using Hubspot forms so we can look at campaign influence at every touch point... so, for instance, being able to say "X campaign drove X number of leads, MQLs, SQLs, etc" as well as have a scalable way to set Salesforce campaigns based on what the lead interacts with (for example, if someone fills out a form from a paid search campaign, I want to add them to a Salesforce campaign using the parameters in the tracked link they visited the page from).

As far as I know, Hubspot only captures campaign information at first and last converting campaign, and does not have the ability to automatically connect/push this data into Salesforce campaigns...

Is there a way to set up Hubspot forms to read utm parameters in a tracked link and automatically copy them into a hidden custom field?

We're really struggling to figure out a scalable, efficient way of capturing campaign names and pushing leads into the correct SF campaign... I know you set up workflows to add people to Salesforce campaigns based on certain enrollment criteria, but with the number of campaigns we run at any given time, it doesn't seem scalable to have to create a new workflow every single time (vs. Marketo where you can sync a Marketo campaign with a Salesforce campaign and automatically have leads map to the campaign in Salesforce when they respond to the Marketo campaign...). It's frustrating that Hubspot doesn't offer the ability to sync a campaign directly with a Salesforce campaign, in my opinion.

If we were able to read a utm parameter, copy it to a hidden field, and create a workflow that passes that information to a field in Salesforce, maybe we could create a workflow on the Salesforce side that then sets the campaign? Not sure if this would work.

It feels as though we have exhausted all options. Hopefully this all makes sense. Please help!

mjacobson18
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

I have a related issue with Salesforce Campaigns. I'd like to assign a Salesforce Campaign in a workflow, but the specific Campaign I'd like to assign is not showing up in the drop-down options for Salesforce campaigns in HubSpot. The campaign exists in Salesforce, however. Does anyone know why that would be? 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

@mjacobson18, campaigns are only visible in HubSpot if they're marked as Active in Salesforce. Ensure the campaign in question has that checkbox selected, then refresh in HubSpot. 

bkreitz
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Any chance you could illuminuate HOW to refresh the campaign list (i.e. in a workflow)?

Apparently, HS has elected to bury or omit this guidance.

Thanks for the help,

Bryan

0 Upvotes
mjacobson18
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Bryan, 

Once you've ensured that the campaigns you would like to appear on the Salesforce Campaign drop-down list are marked "Active" in Salesforce, they should appear within 15-min in HubSpot as well. Please note, HubSpot Campaigns and Salesforce Campaigns are separate and not synced in any way. 

Hope this helps! 

bkreitz
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Waited overnight for campaign to finally show in HS. When I submitted a respons, we are were several hours into waiting for active campaign to sync. 15-min window is not consistent in our instance.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Upvotes
dbhoward
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

You may need to re-fresh/ re-load the page you were on as well, after the 15-minute synch window has passed.  The campaign names are pulled from SFDC only upon loading of the page.

bkreitz
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply. Did refresh/close workflow window and reenter several times. HS needs  to add "refresh" button on the campaign dropdown. 

0 Upvotes
mjacobson18
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

@bradmin Solved! Thank you very much

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi, @SalesforceScott. Depending on how often you need to do this, it may be easier to start in Salesforce. 

HubSpot workflows will allow you to set Salesforce campaign membership with a campaign member status. This is the only place in-app you'll be able to set both of these values. While you wouldn't be able to do this explicitly in just a list import - you'd have to import the list, then build a workflow to act on all contacts in that list. If this is something you need to do on a semi-periodic or ongoing basis, you can set up the HubSpot workflow to fire, based on specific data you import. 

If a record is already syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce, then any new campaign enrollment on the Salesforce side syncs back to HubSpot. (However, only the campaign IDs are stored in a HubSpot property. No HubSpot property will house the campaign member status value on any associated Salesforce campaign.)

Depending on your use case, it may be easier to do the campaign association directly within Salesforce, rather than the import-and-run-them-through-a-workflow steps in HS.

vaseho
Participant

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

Hi! I was reading this thread, as I have a similar case regarding campaign tagging and I'm trying to find a workaround, it would be amazing if you can help me with this one!

We are looking to tag the contacts we upload via CSV with the Salesforce campaign in order for this tag to follow them during the whole journey, the issue we are experiencing is that even if we tag them with the SF campaign - using a workflow -  if the contact hasn't met the criteria for the inclusion list yet (meaning they haven't met the SQL threshold) they won't be tagged with the SF campaign, only contacts already with the lifecycle stage: SQL, Opportunity or Customer will be tagged. So we are looking for a solution to tag the SF campaign to the contact since the beginning (even when they are still a subscriber, lead or MQL) so when they finally get into the inclusion list (convert into an SQL)  they have a campaign tag yes o yes. This is because we found out we have over 2000 contacts without a campaign assigned and many of them when they met the threshold of the inclusion list are being sent to Salesforce without any campaign so our team can't understand where these SQLs are coming from. 

• Is there any workaround that you can share with us to tag a Salesforce campaign since the beginning, meaning since we upload a list to Hubspot or when the contact still has the lifecycle stage as a subscriber, lead or MQL? (apparently the "set salesforce campaign" in a workflow only works if the contact is already in the inclusion list)
  • We were thinking of creating a property to set the SF campaign, so then we can create a workflow that when the contact converts to SQL or is included in the inclusion list we can copy the value of this new property to the property "Salesforce Campaign IDs"  will this work or we will need to use/create another property? How does the property "Salesforce Campaign IDs" actually work? We see that This property is provided by HubSpot and cannot be edited, so how can we use it in this case?
  • When you tag a salesforce campaign directly from a form in a Landing Page how does this work? the campaign tag is set to a contact from the beginning even if it's not on the inclusion list? We thought that this served as a campaign tag that will follow the contact from the beginning (even if they're not SQL yet).

Hope you can help with this!! Thanks in advance 🙂 

JPullan
Contributor

Campaigns in Salesforce

SOLVE

@vaseho , a bit late to this one but an idea I came across that may be helpful to you here.

If you can't add your early lifecycle stage contacts to SF Campaigns because they are not syncing with SF, then perhaps the idea is to change the sync rules.

If you changed your sync settings so that your Subscribers, Leads and MQLs sat in SF, unassigned (perhaps in a queue) the sync would be there for you to attribute SF campaigns to them you'd only need to assign them to a Sales rep when the threshold for a SQL was reached. 

Not my original idea - came across this on the Pardot Life Hacks Podcast. But haven't seen this applied in a HubSpot -> Salesforce context yet and so far I haven't found a reason why this would not work.