Marketing Integrations

ElishaDignam
Participant

Call Tracking Integration that populates Original Source as the true source NOT Offline/ Integration

I'm currently setting up Hubspot Marketing and the business already use CallRail on the website to track inbound website calls. 

While I have no issues with CallRail's tracking features - it tells me if someone came from PPC or organic, the page etc. and it's advanced enough for the volume of calls we recieve. 

However, I've set up the integration into HubSpot and all calls that are created as a new contact end up with the following source information and the actual real source is in the notes: 

Original source: offline 
Drilldown 1: Integration 

When in actual fact, what I want to see and report on is: 

Original source: Paid Search 

Has anyone had this before and overcome it? I see little point in integrating call tracking if it doesn't let you report the lead against the activity that is driving it? Any recommendations of call tracking that integrates better are also welcome! 

2 Replies 2
LHensley
Participant

Call Tracking Integration that populates Original Source as the true source NOT Offline/ Integration

Encountering a similar issue with an SMS provider called attentive. They capture email in their site overlay, and pass it through to us. But we are getting 'offline sources' for the original source field, when it should be organic, direct, etc., because the contact came to our website. I have been directed to tell the vendor to use both the identifying contacts Javascript function and either the trackPageView or trackCustomBehavioralEvent JavaScript function. I am not a developer so I'm not 100% clear on what script snippet(s) I'm supposed to be sending to them, and they're not overly willing to help figure it out. Any guidance would be appreciated!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ElishaDignam 

Thank you for reaching out. 

If the contact was created as a result of a integration then Hubspot will most of the times mark that as offline source as we cannot see the contact behavior from before. That is how the tool is designed at the moment. You can change the source to be something else manually or via a workflow. You have more information as well in the following article: 

Contacts added to HubSpot from an offline source 

I also want to tag some of our experts on this to see if they have any suggestions - @lynton @darynsmith any thoughts to share with @ElishaDignam on this?

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !