Marketing Integrations

StellaI

Calendly Integration - How to get the info into contact properties?

SOLVE

Hi Community!

I have a problem concerning our Calendly Integration. When I create an event, a participant needs to answer questions in order to be registered for the meeting/event. Now I want to have these answers transferred to specific contact properties in Hubspot with the help of a workflow. Calendly provides the following instruction:

"Create an Enrollment Trigger and:

1. Select Activity Property as filter type
  2. Select Meeting name
  3. Select Contains any of
  4. Add new/Create option Calendly
  5. Select Apply Filter

Then, add an Action and:

1. Scroll to Contact properties
  2. Select Copy contact property value
  3. Set the Source contact property to a Calendly value, (Calendly Custom Answer 123...10) Note: Calendly Custom Answers are the responses your invitee gives to the custom questions you've added to your Calendly booking form.)
  4. Set the Target Property Type to Contact Property
  5. Set the Target Property to a specific HubSpot contact property you want to populate with a value from one of previously copied Calendly custom answers. (For example, you should select Job Function as the specific contact property if you have a related Calendly custom question on your booking form, "What is your job function?""

Now I was able to do all these steps but the custom answers are not transferred to the contact properties but are displayed in the MEETING DESCRIPTION which then is individual for each user.

Has anybody faced the same problem and can maybe help me with that?

Thanks very much in advance!

Warm regards,

Stella

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StellaI 

Thank you for reaching out. 

When you try to go and look on the contact record for the Calendly property you want copied to another property, can you see a value for this contact? If not, and you're expecting a value to be here, I'd recommend reaching out to Calendly as they built this integration and they will be better able to help! 

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
SCorporateFin
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem, any solution to this yet?

0 Upvotes
KathrynGraham
Participant

SOLVE

I was able to get around this issue using Zaphier. First I used the email address from Caendly to do a look up in HubSpot and fetch the HubSpot ID of the user. Then I updated the contact record in HubSpot by mapping the answer from the Calendly question to the contact property in HubSpot. It was pretty easy to set up the only issue was the data passed from Caendly is a litte messy so there was a bit of trial and error to get the correct field to map.

KathrynGraham_0-1654636074968.pngKathrynGraham_1-1654636135797.pngKathrynGraham_2-1654636158911.png

0 Upvotes
RyanGarrod
Participant

SOLVE

I can still confirm that this is an issue. Calendly will not help, as I have reached out to them. They claim it's a HubSpot issue. So, two companies are pointing the finger at the other. Someone has to step up to help fix this issue. There is absolutely no use in this feature if it does not work. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RyanGarrod 

Thank you for reaching out, and a happy new year!

This is strange. I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and specific examples about this - if you could also give them a screenshot of what Calendly said, that could help so they could have another look

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
MStaAna

SOLVE

Hi Stellal!

As LAmabile said, you are not alone when it comes to this issue. I encountered the same problem when I was creating an online event with Calendly almost a year ago. I am surprised this error is still recurring. Unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution to this error. Instead, I manually copied the answers and transferred them to the contact properties. That was easy on my part, as the event only consisted of around 20 participants. 

But that defeats the purpose of using automation, and I could imagine how frustrating this problem is if your event has several participants. I cannot offer a solution, as I think this problem is on Calendly’s end. However, I can offer an alternative if you really need this feature.

You can check out Chili Piper. We had a much easier time after we integrated this advanced scheduling software into our processes. Its features include one-click booking, advanced lead routing, and even an automated SDR-to-AE handoff system.

It has more advanced features than Calendly, but the interface is still very user-friendly. It did not take me long to adjust using Chili Piper when I switched to this software. I suggest giving it a try too.

0 Upvotes
StellaI

SOLVE

Hello @TiphaineCuisset !

Thanks for reaching out. So this is the error message we get that appears for each answer:Screenshot 2021-03-25 143753.png. But that doesn't help me a lot because it seems like the data is lost somewhere between Calendly and Hubspot isn't it?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StellaI 

When you try to go and look on the contact record for the Calendly property you want copied to another property, can you see a value for this contact? If not, and you're expecting a value to be here, I'd recommend reaching out to Calendly as they built this integration and they will be better able to help! 

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

StellaI

SOLVE

Good morning @TiphaineCuisset !

Exactly this is happening that there's no value to copy - I figured that it might be something on Calendly's side, I already reached out to them. I was just hoping that I'm not the only one with this problem and there might have been a solution that I could've done myself.

Thank you very much for your help!

Have a great week,

Stella

0 Upvotes
LAmabile

SOLVE

Hi Stellal, 

You are definitely not the only one with the problem. I have found that the integration between Calendly & HubSpot only populates the Calendly customer questions/answers contact fields for new contacts only. If the contact currently exists in HubSpot, the custom fields do not populate. You can see the information in the HubSpot meeting that gets added but the contact custom fields will not update and will subsequently cause your workflows to fail. This is definitely an issue on Calendly's end where it appears that they are choosing to not update contact information for an existing contact.  

0 Upvotes
KathrynGraham
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

Did you end up finding a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue. The custom question field is updated on the contact record of new contacts created by Calendly but not updating on existing contact records.

So frustrating as I really need this piece to work for assigning a contact owner - I am having to do it manually at this stage which is tedious to say the least.

MMcGurgan
Participant

SOLVE

This exact issue just appeared for us as well within the past few weeks. Glad to see we're not alone in this issue.

The custom questions provide information that is critical to autmotion function. Daily tedious manual work is the only solution for this problem, which is absoulate not sustainable.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StellaI 

This is strange, with the steps they've given I'd expect properties to be updated. I'm wondering if there are errors in the workflow. If you go on your workflow and go to the History tab, do you see any error being surfaced here? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes