Marketing Integrations

gravity_js
Participante

Best practice for Salesforce campaign tracking

resolver

I understand from this post that Hubspot and SFDC campaigns are not dissimilar objects. So what is the best practice for tracking campaigns and triggering marketing automation based on SFDC campaigns?

We are running a whitepaper syndication campaign. I will be getting a weekly CSV dump of all whitepaper downloaders. I had planned to import into Salesforce, tag with a SFDC Campaign value, and then trigger emails from Hubspot that match that SFDC Campaign name. It sounds like I can't do that because the SFDC Campaigns field isn't mapped. Is there a better way?

1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @gravity_js. Salesforce campaign enrollment is already natively built in to the connector, but no explicit mappings exist for it. As it's an ancillary object that works in context of the entire connector, campaign enrollment works on an is/is not enrolled basis in HubSpot, through the native Salesforce Campaign IDs property. This property isn't surfaced until the connector has completed installing.

Once the connector is installed, as long as Salesforce campaigns are marked as Active, and are visible to the integration user, then as your syncing leads and contacts are enrolled in Salesforce, a concatenation of all the Salesforce campaigns they've enrolled in appear in the Salesforce Campaign IDs property. This is the one you'll want to use for list segmentation in HubSpot. 

However, when it comes to segmenting in HubSpot, each Salesforce campaign enrollment is treated as a giant picklist, where each Salesforce campaign is its own discrete choice. What you wouldn't be able to do is something like "Show me contacts with Salesforce Campaign IDs values with [some partial string] as a value." You'd have to explicitly select Campaigns X, Y, and Z.

This can be frustrating, especially if you have similarly-named Salesforce campaigns or some familiar naming convention. To do HubSpot list segmentation as a text field, instead of parsing a picklist, you'd have to create some Salesforce-side automation which concatenates the campaign names into a custom field, map that field to HubSpot, and use it that way. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @gravity_js. Salesforce campaign enrollment is already natively built in to the connector, but no explicit mappings exist for it. As it's an ancillary object that works in context of the entire connector, campaign enrollment works on an is/is not enrolled basis in HubSpot, through the native Salesforce Campaign IDs property. This property isn't surfaced until the connector has completed installing.

Once the connector is installed, as long as Salesforce campaigns are marked as Active, and are visible to the integration user, then as your syncing leads and contacts are enrolled in Salesforce, a concatenation of all the Salesforce campaigns they've enrolled in appear in the Salesforce Campaign IDs property. This is the one you'll want to use for list segmentation in HubSpot. 

However, when it comes to segmenting in HubSpot, each Salesforce campaign enrollment is treated as a giant picklist, where each Salesforce campaign is its own discrete choice. What you wouldn't be able to do is something like "Show me contacts with Salesforce Campaign IDs values with [some partial string] as a value." You'd have to explicitly select Campaigns X, Y, and Z.

This can be frustrating, especially if you have similarly-named Salesforce campaigns or some familiar naming convention. To do HubSpot list segmentation as a text field, instead of parsing a picklist, you'd have to create some Salesforce-side automation which concatenates the campaign names into a custom field, map that field to HubSpot, and use it that way. 

CDupuis
Participante

resolver

Hi there, do you know if there is a way to have the Salesforce Campaign ID (contact property in HubSpot) only append the campaign IDs of the campaigns the contact actually responded to/engaged in? 

Context: When we determine our initial distribution list for an event, we add all contacts that we are going to send an invite to as campaign members to the related campaign in Salesforce. From here, if they registered, registered + attended, or registered + did not attend, the campaign member status is updated accordingly and all of these statuses are considered "Responded" - as opposed to the default of "Sent". That being said, is there a way we can configure the HubSpot property of "Salesforce Campaign ID" (the concatenation of all the Salesforce campaigns the contact is enrolled in) to only include the IDs of campaigns that they have actually responded to? 

0 Me gusta
gravity_js
Participante

resolver

Ah, thanks, I see it now. I created a list and found the picklist to sort by campaign. That's actually good for now; it means we can trigger workflows to send to people who match the condition. I suppose after we run a bunch of these we'll see the need for something more sophisticated. 

bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

Good luck to you. Hopefully your needs aren't more advanced than the native segmentation on Salesforce IDs. It's not the end of the world if it isn't, but it would mean building some automation to stuff a Salesforce field with the info you need, in a place where you can see it.

This usually means loading the lead or contact with (whatever you need aggregated across all Salesforce campaign memberships) in some kind of helper property, then segmenting off of the helper property, and not the default Salesforce Campaign IDs property.

0 Me gusta