Marketing Integrations

SWeller
Participant

Best approach for website call tracking with HubSpot

Résolue

We're launching our new website soon (CMS: WordPress) and want to know the best way to track call conversions (and source) with HubSpot...

Through a form conversion and with HubSpot tracking, we're easily able to identify if a prospect came from an ad vs an organic listing. However, what's the best way to track inbound call conversions and match them up with the source in this scenario (as speaking to them on the phone, they obviously would just say Google and can't specify whether it was an ad or not)...

• Our new website will only have one main phone number listed on our contact page. This says sales: [number]
  • We don't have Google Ads yet, but plans are in place to execute an account in the next 3 months - so we don't have a forwarding number in place etc, but need to choose a solution that will work with this. 
  • We'd like to try and keep this as simple and streamlined as possible!
  • I've looked at the integration with CallTrackingMetrics - if anyone has experience in using this, will it do what we're looking for? What restrictions have you found?
  • GTM is something we'll be implementing in the next few months as well.

Any help/advice on this would be much appreciated.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Josh
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @SWeller,

We've used CallRail and PhoneWagon in the past for this. The connection is fairly smooth and you'll also have access to call recordings and other details, such as search keyword (when using Google Ads).

When you do set this up, I would recommend using a phone number in your ads that are defined by your call tracking service vs the default forwarding one that would be set by Google.

There are other options out there as well, some potentially more cost effective. These are the only 2 that we've used that I can speak for. 

Good luck!

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Danylo
Membre

Résolue

Hello here as well @SWeller. I've added some reply to your another thread. With regards to dynamic call tracking I guess CallTrackingMetrics goes a similar way CallRail does. The one doesn't send to HubSpot a Google Anyaltics ClientID ect of caller. So e.g. for sending this to HubSpot client profile we use https://ringostat.com/

0 Votes
johnelmer
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

We recommend Callrail.  By GTM do you mean Google Tag Manager? This is the recommended approach for putting tracking JS code on your site (including the Callrail code). C

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
Josh
Solution

Résolue

Hi @SWeller,

We've used CallRail and PhoneWagon in the past for this. The connection is fairly smooth and you'll also have access to call recordings and other details, such as search keyword (when using Google Ads).

When you do set this up, I would recommend using a phone number in your ads that are defined by your call tracking service vs the default forwarding one that would be set by Google.

There are other options out there as well, some potentially more cost effective. These are the only 2 that we've used that I can speak for. 

Good luck!

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

SWeller
Participant

Résolue

CallRail looks interesting, I'll maybe have a further look at that one. Thank you Josh!

0 Votes