Marketing Integrations

Crosshairs

Automating GSuite emails?

SOLVE

Currently I set reminders in Hubspot contacts to remind me to follow up with a prospect, and then I manually send the emails.

Is it possible to connect to G Suite and automate this process? So if someone hasn't replied, a template is sent after X days, and if they do reply, they're removed from that workflow? (I'm on the free version of Hubpsot, but have GSuite)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Crosshairs@PamCotton is spot on here - you need Sequences (free) not Workflows (paid)...

In the simplest possible terms, the difference is that Sequences are exactly that - a series of tasks (Email, Phone call, generic Task), where Workflows allow you to apply logic (if X, then Y).

All you're looking for here is a well-designed Sequence

HubSpot actually made some really helpful changes to Sequences recently that made them even better for non-Pro/Enterprise subscribers like us.  Previously, if you had an admin task in a sequence followed by an email 2 days later, the email could end up being sent before the task was completed.  There's now an option in sequence design to prevent this. 

There was another recent change allowing you to create a task in a sequence to write a manual email, based on a template, rather than just schedule a templated email.  Coupled with Tasks, this allows you to work really efficiently when chasing prospects in sequences.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Crosshairs@PamCotton is spot on here - you need Sequences (free) not Workflows (paid)...

In the simplest possible terms, the difference is that Sequences are exactly that - a series of tasks (Email, Phone call, generic Task), where Workflows allow you to apply logic (if X, then Y).

All you're looking for here is a well-designed Sequence

HubSpot actually made some really helpful changes to Sequences recently that made them even better for non-Pro/Enterprise subscribers like us.  Previously, if you had an admin task in a sequence followed by an email 2 days later, the email could end up being sent before the task was completed.  There's now an option in sequence design to prevent this. 

There was another recent change allowing you to create a task in a sequence to write a manual email, based on a template, rather than just schedule a templated email.  Coupled with Tasks, this allows you to work really efficiently when chasing prospects in sequences.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Crosshairs,

For Gsuite, I was not able to find a way to automate this process, but currently, in HubSpot the sequences, will automate emails and send them to your customer until he replies/schedule a meeting. 

I will share this article here with more information.

Tagging some top experts in our Community, @Josh@AdamLPW@willsmith, any other suggestions here to help @Crosshairs ? 

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !